Chris Morris has a new film out next week! :) It's called The Day Shall Come:

He talks to Jon Snow about it here:

3 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Movies

Post by Joan » 4 days ago

Anyone got a clue how they came up with this as the 100th anniversary of cinema? Cinema was well established by 1920, with the first feature film released in 1906, and the oldest surviving cinema opened in 1908. I searched the Wikipedia History of Film, and Movie Theatre pages and neither mentions any event that happened in 1920. According to the article, Leicester Square didn't have cinemas until the 30s.

https://www.timeout.com/london/news/cel ... are-011320
0 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 3 days ago

At the weekend we saw Current Wars, loud music, mumbled difficult to understand dialogue-disappointing
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 3 days ago

Lullabelle wrote:
3 days ago
At the weekend we saw Current Wars, loud music, mumbled difficult to understand dialogue-disappointing
I am sad you didn't enjoy your cinema experience, but I wasn't aware of this, so googled it...producer Harvey Weinstein.

So your post made me a little happy. I have put too much money in his pocket. I can skip this one.
1 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 2 days ago

Joan wrote:
3 days ago
I am sad you didn't enjoy your cinema experience, but I wasn't aware of this, so googled it...producer Harvey Weinstein.

So your post made me a little happy. I have put too much money in his pocket. I can skip this one.
It was a dvd watched at home.
1 x