Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2751
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 months ago

Oh! Look at the moon
1 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1211
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by LowlifeDes » 2 months ago

I did but you do have to look carefully
PANO_20200407_192916.jpg
2 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2751
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 months ago

Lovely!
0 x

Whiskeyjack
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Whiskeyjack » 2 months ago

Since I'm stuck in, I've been busy indoors

Day 8 stranded on a desert island, discovered Tarantula island.

I may have been a little hasty jumping in. I didn't see the other(s), my celebration may have been premature.
Attachments
92711139_10220877443190875_7419169813265645568_o.jpg
1 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1740
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 2 months ago

I’ve just finished prepping dinner. Roast lamb with a simple garlic and fresh rosemary coating, steamed new potatoes with mint butter and kale. To be served with a nice rose wine (for me, as Mr R is on call today).

Had a nice 20 mile electrically assisted pootle earlier, we’ve taken Jack for a nice long walk and I’m just settling down with a G&T.

Fewer cyclists and walkers than last weekend but good social distancing being observed.
0 x

Lullabelle
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 483
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Regulator wrote:
2 months ago
I’ve just finished prepping dinner. Roast lamb with a simple garlic and fresh rosemary coating, steamed new potatoes with mint butter and kale. To be served with a nice rose wine (for me, as Mr R is on call today).

Had a nice 20 mile electrically assisted pootle earlier, we’ve taken Jack for a nice long walk and I’m just settling down with a G&T.

Fewer cyclists and walkers than last weekend but good social distancing being observed.

We have been out walking the past few evenings, it has been relatively quiet so distancing hasn't been a problem. Couple of weeks ago I was out of breath just walking upstairs, today we walked just over 3 miles and I feel fine.
6 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1740
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 2 months ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 months ago
We have been out walking the past few evenings, it has been relatively quiet so distancing hasn't been a problem. Couple of weeks ago I was out of breath just walking upstairs, today we walked just over 3 miles and I feel fine.
Great to hear you’re on the mend... 👍
1 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 695
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Iris » 2 months ago

If I had my time again, this is what I'd have loved to spend my life doing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000hb4m
2 x

Lullabelle
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 483
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Regulator wrote:
2 months ago
Great to hear you’re on the mend... 👍

I would like to think that I am in pretty good health but this virus wiped me out so I fully understand the worry of those with health issues.
0 x

Lullabelle
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 483
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Life is s**t :(
0 x

Lullabelle
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 483
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 months ago
Life is s**t :(
To reitterate I mean virus wise and the effect it is having on society in general.
0 x

Lullabelle
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 483
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Had a lot of heavy rain overnight, went for a walk this morning and it hammered down, we were dressed appropriately so all ok, not many people around.
0 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 505
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by JohnToo » 2 months ago

Car not used since a week before lockdown.

Car battery now completely flat.

Bugger.
0 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1211
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by LowlifeDes » 2 months ago

JohnToo wrote:
2 months ago
Car not used since a week before lockdown.

Car battery now completely flat.

Bugger.
Is driving far enough to charge the battery whilst going to the supermarket on the acceptable list?
0 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 505
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by JohnToo » 2 months ago

We did have a discussion as to whether it is ethically better to run the car on the drive to get the battery charged, or to drive it somewhere nice for a walk....
0 x

Post Reply