Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Now you know why Mark Francois isn't on Twitter...
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
A GE on 12/12 scares me to death, if the polls are to be believed, the BXP will win seats, BJ will increase majority. They'll form an alliance....

Another step to the right.
There are studies and projections that suggest that the BXP will affect the Cons far more than they will affect the Libs or Lab and far more than the Libs or Lab will affect each other.
There are also polls that suggest Johnson's support drops considerably if we're not out on the 31st.
But, that does very little to comfort me and the idea of a Johnson maj or BXP/Con alliance is really rather terrifying. In saying that I'd be bricking it if there were another ref.
Actually, I'm bricking it anyway, there's a whole load of shit heading our way whatever happens.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
I don't think we'll get a general election in December - this is posturing on the part of Johnson, just as the 'Government going on strike' is.

All the Government striking would do is hand control of the Commons - and the Brexit timetable - to the Opposition parties.
I think you're right, it's the dead cat. The next one will be Corbyn the chicken, again.
Something's got to give though and it needs to be our side that instigates it.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago

Now you know why Mark Francois isn't on Twitter...
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

These clever lot have done it again...

2 x

Sonic Budgie

1 x

Greg

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
He must be on step ladders.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

So, EU has granted a 3 month extension, so Brexit day will not be Halloween but now (maybe) be 31st January.

<google google>Nauru Independence (from Australia) Day

😁 😀😄😂 🤣

'Cause that worked our really well for them. First Australia stripped mined their island for fertiliser. They were briefly the richest nation per capita, but that was squandered on poor investments like (and I shit you not) Leonardo, the Musical in the West End and now they are one of the poorest countries in the world, living on the halo around a moon landscape quarry that makes up most of their island. The Australian Government uses them to hold refugees heading to Australia so they are technically not in Australia so not subject to Australian law.

They are essentially a client state of the country they sought to be independent from.

Yes, that's the perfect day for Brexit.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
So, EU has granted a 3 month extension, so Brexit day will not be Halloween but now (maybe) be 31st January.

<google google>Nauru Independence (from Australia) Day

😁 😀😄😂 🤣

'Cause that worked our really well for them. First Australia stripped mined their island for fertiliser. They were briefly the richest nation per capita, but that was squandered on poor investments like (and I shit you not) Leonardo, the Musical in the West End and now they are one of the poorest countries in the world, living on the halo around a moon landscape quarry that makes up most of their island. The Australian Government uses them to hold refugees heading to Australia so they are technically not in Australia so not subject to Australian law.

They are essentially a client state of the country they sought to be independent from.

Yes, that's the perfect day for Brexit.
Talking of Australia (and totally OT), did you ever climb Uluru?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
Talking of Australia (and totally OT), did you ever climb Uluru?
No.

I actually have never visited the NT (internal flights used to be so expensive in Australia that it was cheaper to get to NZ or HK), but I would not have climbed it anyway, as I knew the traditional owners did not want people climbing it.

I found it interesting that the article in the Guardian about the last climbers, it was a Japanese tourist who did not climb it. Sacred land is more comprehensible to Japanese (eg Fuji-San) than it is to your typical migrant descended Australian.

I never even climbed the 1/40 version at the short lived Leyland Brothers' World, which I just found out burned down last year.
Attachments
img_0200.jpg
fire-karuak.jpg
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
Maybe he's now dead in a ditch?
Another broken promise!
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A Lib Dem MEP decides to mock a constituent on Twitter:

B7B70FDD-DE72-4601-8903-05D00AC608D7.png

They really are a party of dicks...
0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
A Lib Dem MEP decides to mock a constituent on Twitter:

B7B70FDD-DE72-4601-8903-05D00AC608D7.png

They really are a party of dicks...
Have another read. It's the constituent calling the MEP stupid. In the circumstances the MEP was remarkably polite and poster "Greg @UKRegulator" reads rather like a Twitter troll.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Have another read. It's the constituent calling the MEP stupid. In the circumstances the MEP was remarkably polite and poster "Greg @UKRegulator" reads rather like a Twitter troll.
The MEP had no reason to recount this anecdote other than to mock the constituent.
0 x

Greg

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
The MEP had no reason to recount this anecdote other than to mock the constituent.
He's clearly a Remainer mocking the Illegitimacy of the Leave argument, fair game as far as I can see.
1 x