Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.
ransos
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 269
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by ransos » 4 months ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 months ago
I used to think most sensible people would realise the benefits of remaining in the EU, but there you go.
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU, but it seems as though we all have to unequivocally pick a side.
1 x

User avatar
Sonic Budgie
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 625
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 months ago

ransos wrote:
4 months ago
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU, but it seems as though we all have to unequivocally pick a side.
Are they mutually exclusive?
Last edited by Sonic Budgie on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
Greg
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 501
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Greg » 4 months ago

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 months ago
Where the hell is everyone? This wasn't an unexpected statement, I thought Johnson would have his whole crew cheering and clapping behind him.
Even Theresa May has fecked off now, they know its a dead duck deal.
0 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1567
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Regulator » 4 months ago

ransos wrote:
4 months ago
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU, but it seems as though we all have to unequivocally pick a side.
I believe that there are valid reasons for criticising the EU and seeking change within the EU - but I don't believe that these equate to valid reasons for leaving the EU.
3 x

User avatar
Sonic Budgie
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 625
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 months ago

Greg wrote:
4 months ago
Even Theresa May has fecked off now, they know its a dead duck deal.
She's probably stormed out in disgust at the performance from the ERG. I know it's how it works, but it's embarrassing to watch.
1 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1567
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Regulator » 4 months ago

The shit that Boris Johnson is spouting is clearly somewhat pungent...

EF86XW6WkAA8Zju.jpg
1 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Iris » 4 months ago

ransos wrote:
4 months ago
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU,
We've been waiting over 3 years to hear them. I'm all ears.
0 x

ransos
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 269
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by ransos » 4 months ago

Iris wrote:
4 months ago
We've been waiting over 3 years to hear them. I'm all ears.
I'm pretty certain that you're not in the slightest bit interested. Regardless, it's not my argument: I voted Remain and would do so again.
0 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Iris » 4 months ago

ransos wrote:
4 months ago
I'm pretty certain that you're not in the slightest bit interested. Regardless, it's not my argument: I voted Remain and would do so again.
Seriously. I am interested. I've spent three years being interested. I can literally think of no valid reasons to leave the EU, and no Brexit supporter has ever been able to supply a reason that didn't fall over when prodded gently.

Whether it's your argument or not, by making the claim it's your responsibility to provide the backup.

If they don't exist, that's fine.
0 x

ransos
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 269
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by ransos » 4 months ago

Iris wrote:
4 months ago
Seriously. I am interested. I've spent three years being interested. I can literally think of no valid reasons to leave the EU, and no Brexit supporter has ever been able to supply a reason that didn't fall over when prodded gently.

Whether it's your argument or not, by making the claim it's your responsibility to provide the backup.

If they don't exist, that's fine.
Several have been advanced in this thread. I'm not rehashing them for you to ignore again.
0 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 607
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Iris » 4 months ago

ransos wrote:
4 months ago
Several have been advanced in this thread. I'm not rehashing them for you to ignore again.
A straightforward "there are none I think are valid" would have done.
0 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2412
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Joan » 4 months ago

Regulator wrote:
4 months ago
I think most sensible people will realise the difference between a mickey take of a Government campaign on social media and the real life billboard and projections of LBD...
"best five entries which will go up on billboards in the real world. "
0 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by JohnToo » 4 months ago

Why are we all so testy with each other today? Is it because we're all so depressed at the growing prospect of Johnson winning?
2 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 249
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 4 months ago

JohnToo wrote:
4 months ago
Why are we all so testy with each other today? Is it because we're all so depressed at the growing prospect of Johnson winning?
'Today'? ;)
3 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by JohnToo » 4 months ago

Iris wrote:
4 months ago
Seriously. I am interested. I've spent three years being interested. I can literally think of no valid reasons to leave the EU, and no Brexit supporter has ever been able to supply a reason that didn't fall over when prodded gently.

Whether it's your argument or not, by making the claim it's your responsibility to provide the backup.

If they don't exist, that's fine.
There are many good reasons why belonging to the EU does harm to all sorts of liberal and progressive causes. I rehearsed some of those upthread, and you engaged me on them at the time, so I know you know what they are. Presumably what you are saying is that none of the detriments of belonging to the EU are big enough to justify the costs of leaving. I happen to agree, but it's a judgement call, and I recognise that intelligent, thoughtful people can take the opposite view. Whereas, are you really saying that every single person who support leave is completely deluded?
2 x

Post Reply