In the news...

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Dunckel

Re: In the news...

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

I hereby order you to look at Trump's latest twitter rant.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

And so it continues

So I can check off planned economy on my dictator bingo card. I've only got "annexing the Sudetenland" to go!
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

A thought bobbed into my head on hearing the "good"** news that David Koch and Lord Bell were dead. That thought was: "the world has got a little lighter today." But that was before I heard about the giant floating pumice raft/island in the pacific, that may help restore the Great Barrier Reef.

The world is literally a little lighter!

**Do not ask for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
0 x

Dunckel

Watch the clip of the pumice island on the BBC website. At the age of 53 it is rare that something makes me sit up and say "bugger me, that's a new one".
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Nice juxtaposition on my Twitter feed...
Capture.JPG
1 x

Dunckel

I'm not sure what yo make of this one, do you think auto-erotic asphyxiation is covered in the company rules?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49662134
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

That seems fine to me. He died on a business trip. Under French law (according to the article) that is an industrial accident. Note that sex doesn't cause heart attacks, it just triggers them. He could have just as easily died running up the stairs, in at the gym, or in a meeting.

The company are arseholes. His grieving family have enough to deal with, without being made to fight for the entitlements in court.
0 x

Dunckel

Does that mean then that the company can dictate all the activities an employee may participate in when not actually conducting contracted business for the company but whilst staying somewhere at the company's expense?
I get the idea that should the hotel burn down or there be a road accident and the employee die then the business should have some liability because he would not have been there other than on their instuction. However if he is engaged in activities not prescribed by his employer then why are they liable?
0 x

Greg

I think its just indicative of Frances wider (ie better) social care system? Don't you practically get blue lighted away if you visit the Pharmacie with a wart?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
Does that mean then that the company can dictate all the activities an employee may participate in when not actually conducting contracted business for the company but whilst staying somewhere at the company's expense?
Yes, because that's the law (apparently). If you die of a heart attack while on company business, then the company's insurance will cover you. He wasn't doing anything illegal or (usually) dangerous, so I don't see why this should be an exception. Maybe if he decided to try roof top parkour, or black tar heroin, but what he was doing was a normal daily activity.

You could argue against the law entirely, but if it exists I don't think there should be an exception in this case.

I think it's a good law. Travel for work can be very stressful. I was once close to hospitalisation due to business travel. Who knew that three weeks of weekdays in New York and weekends in London + an ignored UTI (who has time to see a GP on that schedule) can leave you close to kidney failure? OK, everyone knew that, but still.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Ancient baby bottles found in Bavaria

And so cute. What baby wouldn't be entranced to drink out of a (oh, now I think about it, maybe not so cute) hare's arse.

1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

3901.jpg
Does anyone else think that if Boris looked after himself a bit lot better, and put on drag, they'd be twinsies?

(Luckily she does not look like his sister, so it's only narcissism I'm suggesting, nothing creepier)
2 x

Greg

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
3901.jpg

Does anyone else think that if Boris looked after himself a bit lot better, and put on drag, they'd be twinsies?

(Luckily she does not look like his sister, so it's only narcissism I'm suggesting, nothing creepier)
What a pair of tits.
2 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

"I make men trip over their dicks"

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/ex-model ... -10860375/

Also, model?
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
3901.jpg

Theatre trip to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show?
0 x