Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

ransos

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
I used to think most sensible people would realise the benefits of remaining in the EU, but there you go.
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU, but it seems as though we all have to unequivocally pick a side.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU, but it seems as though we all have to unequivocally pick a side.
Are they mutually exclusive?
Last edited by Sonic Budgie on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
Where the hell is everyone? This wasn't an unexpected statement, I thought Johnson would have his whole crew cheering and clapping behind him.
Even Theresa May has fecked off now, they know its a dead duck deal.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
I believe that there are valid reasons for criticising the EU and seeking change within the EU - but I don't believe that these equate to valid reasons for leaving the EU.
3 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
Even Theresa May has fecked off now, they know its a dead duck deal.
She's probably stormed out in disgust at the performance from the ERG. I know it's how it works, but it's embarrassing to watch.
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

The shit that Boris Johnson is spouting is clearly somewhat pungent...

EF86XW6WkAA8Zju.jpg
1 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
I used to think that most sensible people would realise that there are valid reasons for leaving the EU,
We've been waiting over 3 years to hear them. I'm all ears.
0 x

ransos

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
We've been waiting over 3 years to hear them. I'm all ears.
I'm pretty certain that you're not in the slightest bit interested. Regardless, it's not my argument: I voted Remain and would do so again.
0 x

Iris

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
I'm pretty certain that you're not in the slightest bit interested. Regardless, it's not my argument: I voted Remain and would do so again.
Seriously. I am interested. I've spent three years being interested. I can literally think of no valid reasons to leave the EU, and no Brexit supporter has ever been able to supply a reason that didn't fall over when prodded gently.

Whether it's your argument or not, by making the claim it's your responsibility to provide the backup.

If they don't exist, that's fine.
0 x

ransos

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Seriously. I am interested. I've spent three years being interested. I can literally think of no valid reasons to leave the EU, and no Brexit supporter has ever been able to supply a reason that didn't fall over when prodded gently.

Whether it's your argument or not, by making the claim it's your responsibility to provide the backup.

Several have been advanced in this thread. I'm not rehashing them for you to ignore again.
0 x

Iris

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
Several have been advanced in this thread. I'm not rehashing them for you to ignore again.
A straightforward "there are none I think are valid" would have done.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
I think most sensible people will realise the difference between a mickey take of a Government campaign on social media and the real life billboard and projections of LBD...
"best five entries which will go up on billboards in the real world. "
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

Why are we all so testy with each other today? Is it because we're all so depressed at the growing prospect of Johnson winning?
2 x

The Real Ravenhurst

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 4 years ago

JohnToo wrote:
4 years ago
Why are we all so testy with each other today? Is it because we're all so depressed at the growing prospect of Johnson winning?
'Today'? ;)
3 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago

There are many good reasons why belonging to the EU does harm to all sorts of liberal and progressive causes. I rehearsed some of those upthread, and you engaged me on them at the time, so I know you know what they are. Presumably what you are saying is that none of the detriments of belonging to the EU are big enough to justify the costs of leaving. I happen to agree, but it's a judgement call, and I recognise that intelligent, thoughtful people can take the opposite view. Whereas, are you really saying that every single person who support leave is completely deluded?
2 x