Your Ride Today

Everything to do with cycling
ransos

Re: Your Ride Today

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

We've been through this before: any attempt to upload an attachment, whether directly from my phone or from Google drive, results in an error message. The only way I can make it work is to save a photo onto my PC and upload from there.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Long lazy ride through "hot" weather.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190826-221220_1.png
1 x

ransos

IMG_20190824_131802596.jpg
IMG_20190824_121101675.jpg
6 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

What combination of bikes are you currently operating? Is that a tag along attachment on your seatpost?
0 x

JohnToo

What combination of bikes are you currently operating? Is that a tag along attachment on your seatpost?
0 x

ransos

JohnToo wrote:
4 years ago
Micro Ransos can ride but is very nervous on the road so opted for the WeeHoo:

Mini Ransos was on her Islabike Beinn; the pannier rack is sized to take Ortlieb front rollers.
2 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

Screenshot_20190921-182830.png
120km, give or take a tiny bit.

Scratching an itch that's been around a while, and far more satisfying than trying to concoct a circular route. It's certainly my longest solo (as opposed to tandem or group) ride, and one of my longest rides on a solo bike ever.

I took advantage of being abandoned for the weekend and a fine Indian Summer day to get out. It was a little breezy, which was fine when the wind was basically southerly and I was going northish, but when it moved easternwise and I got above Sandy onto open hills and turned west
3 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

And now I've discovered that the underground is down around the top of zone 1, and of course I don't have lights with me...

Thank goodness for London's cheery licensed taxi drivers.
0 x

JohnToo

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Screenshot_20190921-182830.png
120km, give or take a tiny bit.

.... It's certainly my longest solo (as opposed to tandem or group) ride, and one of my longest rides on a solo bike ever.

That's interesting. My longest rides have all been solo rides. I find conservation of energy is aided by being able to cycle at my own, optimum, pace, taking breaks when they work for me, that sort of thing.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Time for a u-turn.
Attachments
IMG_20191006_141121071.gif
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
Based on geograohy, you might know. Is Windsor Great Park worth a visit? I've finally got round to reading Bill Bryson and he seems impressed.
It's been quite a while since I went there, so put it on a tiny list of places nearby I should visit/revisit. When the rain stopped this morning and a commitment fell through, I decided to head off in the direction of Windsor Great Park. I was heading happily to Windsor until I came to the minor flood above. You can see my sudden turn south

So I repaired via Staines to Egham to enjoy a free coffee, then decided I could enter the park from the other end.

I pootled about for a bit, it really is lovely. Worth the trip. Expect to walk a lot, the distances are pretty great. I ended up in the deer park, enjoyed the bellowing - the rut has obviously started. I got to the top of the Long Walk - the way I had intended to enter and now planned to exit.
IMG_20191006_175329902_HDR.jpg
Ahem. So I guess it was good choice that I ended up not trying to enter the park from there.

Definitely worth a visit. The Long Walk on it's own would justify not bringing a bike. And it's very long, for walk. I think you could easily walk 10 miles and not see everything. Landscape slowly changes between deer park, formal park, semi-wilderness, polo fields, formal gardens and eventually (starting from Windsor), Virginia Water.

BTW: Does no one else find it creepy the way they named things after the fact that QEI (allegedly) never had sex? I would find that embarrassing if they did that for me.
2 x

ransos

On my ride from Poole to Bristol, I had a crack at this:
IMG_20191013_114411115_HDR.jpg
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

I hope you weezed the appropriate music.
2 x

ransos

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
I hope you weezed the appropriate music.
That proved to be beyond me.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Yesterday I was meeting a friend for coffee. Due to miscommunication when she texted me from Wimbledon when I was in Kingston so I headed to Wimbledon while she headed to Kingston. Cue confusion, and we finally found each other in Raynes Park.

(I just checked on Strava - we past each other on flybys. Oops!)

Then I was off to March against something or rather. Finally heading home, tired and hungry.

I'd packed light because I thought I'd have to carry my crap at the march, but I arrived so late, I joined the tail and never locked up at all. But as I haven't had a flat in months, I thought I didn't need to carry a pump and spare.

Do I even have to tell you what happened. Luckily the trains were running, so I was home only about 10 minutes later than I would have been anyway, but that explains the gap.

It's the longest ride I've done in ages, just patched together from multiple problems!
Attachments
Screenshot_20191020-102313_1.png
3 x