Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 3 months ago

Regulator wrote:
3 months ago
She should have asked them to pick up some tea bags and loo rolls from Waitrose on their way over...
....and a copy of the Daily Telegraph, so that she can get her regular dose of fascism. I have spoken to her about her reading material.
0 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1914
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 3 months ago

I keep getting chatted up by men in their 70s.

#GirlCanGetIt #Depressed
0 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 3 months ago

Joan wrote:
3 months ago
I keep getting chatted up by men in their 70s.

#GirlCanGetIt #Depressed
So do I.......retired Oxford dons (with too much time on their hands)
2 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1914
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 3 months ago

Retired Oxford dons? I could go for that. A little role play, JRR Tolkien and the Elf Queen, C.S. Lewis and the metaphorical lion, Charles Dodgson and the pre-pubescent girl.

Oh, that went dark quickly.

@Rocky, are they gentleman dons, or lady dons in your case?
2 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 3 months ago

Joan wrote:
3 months ago
Retired Oxford dons? I could go for that. A little role play, JRR Tolkien and the Elf Queen, C.S. Lewis and the metaphorical lion, Charles Dodgson and the pre-pubescent girl.

Oh, that went dark quickly.

@Rocky, are they gentleman dons, or lady dons in your case?
Gentleman dons........
1 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 3 months ago

But I'm happy to take compliments where I can get them (they are so few and far between these days).
0 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 759
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by LowlifeDes » 3 months ago

Rocky wrote:
3 months ago
My mum has just had a call from 'HMRC' saying they are on their way to arrest her for not paying her income tax. She hung up without speaking......good for her.
Wouldn't that spoil the surprise?
2 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1235
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 3 months ago

Rocky wrote:
3 months ago
Gentleman dons........

Hanging round Angel and Greyhound Meadow, eh?
2 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1076
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 3 months ago

By an amazing coincidence, I was chatted up by a young (really, c.16?) Belgian man in London yesterday. I was sitting on a wall my own, eating a sandwich, and I think his giggly friends dared him to go over and talk to me. Eventually he said, <accent> "You have stolen my heart."
I said, "But I'm old enough to be your grandmother," to which he instantly responded, "My grandmother stole my heart as well." 10/10 8) It was a bit creepy/weird though.
3 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1235
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 3 months ago

Rocky wrote:
3 months ago
But I'm happy to take compliments where I can get them (they are so few and far between these days).
*Makes a mental note for the next meet up*
2 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 3 months ago

In other news, Gravel has made it to Venice
85CB9AB5-834A-410E-9C61-9B40698968D2.jpeg
Now let’s see if he can get back
3 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1235
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 3 months ago

Rocky wrote:
3 months ago
In other news, Gravel has made it to Venice

85CB9AB5-834A-410E-9C61-9B40698968D2.jpeg

Now let’s see if he can get back

With all that water around, you might want to send him one of these:

Image


I've just finished prepping tonight's dinner. Rump steaks with a black garlic marinade. I shall open and decant the Rioja shortly...
1 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 3 months ago

Ha ha ha!! Good thinking!!
0 x

User avatar
Greg
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 316
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Greg » 3 months ago

Regulator wrote:
3 months ago
With all that water around, you might want to send him one of these:

Image


I've just finished prepping tonight's dinner. Rump steaks with a black garlic marinade. I shall open and decant the Rioja shortly...
Isnt black garlic the very slowly roasted sweet tasting version?

Im growing some for the first time this year, should be ready in about 3-4 weeks I think. Strangely excited.
0 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 981
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Dunckel » 3 months ago

I have to go and buy a carry on case for next Wednesday.
0 x

Post Reply