Administrator
Administrator

Re: TV/Streaming shows

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
well that didn't go away, does that the participants didn't know count? ;D
😂

Caught up with this via James Corden's parents (spoiler, obviously).

I'm more ok with that scenario, as it occurs in real life. Most people aren't attracted to their siblings if they were raised together, but siblings who meet as adults cab have an irresistible attraction.
Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
Probably not, Im the only one up to date so far ;D
Yup it's going to die off soon.
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
😂

Caught up with this via James Corden's parents (spoiler, obviously).

I'm more ok with that scenario, as it occurs in real life. Most people aren't attracted to their siblings if they were raised together, but siblings who meet as adults cab have an irresistible attraction.

Yup it's going to die off soon.
What is dead may never die.

I’ve started to binge umbrella academy. Not what I expected, very stylish and a lot of characters with depth. Only three episode in though.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 5 years ago

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
What is dead may never die.

I’ve started to binge umbrella academy. Not what I expected, very stylish and a lot of characters with depth. Only three episode in though.
I binged Umbrella, but finished it more becasue I felt obliged to having invested so much time in it. Some of it is excellent, some of it less so, in the end I found it a bit meh, I don't know if it's true to the comic but I felt it could have been far more than it ended up being. Let me know what you think when you get to the end and we'll compare notes.
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
I binged Umbrella, but finished it more becasue I felt obliged to having invested so much time in it. Some of it is excellent, some of it less so, in the end I found it a bit meh, I don't know if it's true to the comic but I felt it could have been far more than it ended up being. Let me know what you think when you get to the end and we'll compare notes.
I’m getting hints of that though I think it’s interesting enough to finish. it reminds me a little of travellers, minus the superpowers.

I’m hoping that 7s love interest will just be a regular person, like David was in travellers. I get the feeling he won’t be.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
I’m getting hints of that though I think it’s interesting enough to finish. it reminds me a little of travellers, minus the superpowers.

I’m hoping that 7s love interest will just be a regular person, like David was in travellers. I get the feeling he won’t be.
We'll talk about it when you're done :)
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Archer season 10 soon. Could be the end this time.
0 x

Whiskeyjack

Finished discovery,
Spoiler
Show
talk about an action packed finale, once it got going it didn’t come up for air. Ironically the best moment for me was between Culber and reg’s favourite Stamets.

I did not expect that ending, pretty bold so I’ve no idea what they are going to do next.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
Finished discovery,
Spoiler
Show
talk about an action packed finale, once it got going it didn’t come up for air. Ironically the best moment for me was between Culber and reg’s favourite Stamets.

I did not expect that ending, pretty bold so I’ve no idea what they are going to do next.
Just watched it.
Spoiler
Show
You're right that didn't stop did it. Excellent series all round and explains rather simply and effectively why it is that spore drives etc never get mentioned in any other Star Trekky things.However, as you say, where do they go? It wasn't clear from that that it will be back, I guess it'll all boil down to viewing figures. Will they go the Discovery route or switch to Enterprise, I'd be surprised if they switched to Enterprise but, we have seen Pike's story when he touched the time crystal so there may be a series to lead up to and conclude that, also we had a clear reference to Kirk from Michael. Hope it'll come back, big budget, well written and acted, most enjoyable.
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
Just watched it.
Spoiler
Show
You're right that didn't stop did it. Excellent series all round and explains rather simply and effectively why it is that spore drives etc never get mentioned in any other Star Trekky things.However, as you say, where do they go? It wasn't clear from that that it will be back, I guess it'll all boil down to viewing figures. Will they go the Discovery route or switch to Enterprise, I'd be surprised if they switched to Enterprise but, we have seen Pike's story when he touched the time crystal so there may be a series to lead up to and conclude that, also we had a clear reference to Kirk from Michael. Hope it'll come back, big budget, well written and acted, most enjoyable.
Apology if anyone was spoiled on discovery finale, I hit post before adding spoiler tags.
Spoiler
Show
The way they explained it all does seem to tie them into never coming back. They explain why Spock never mentions his sister, even if I think that was unnecessary.

I hope we hadn’t seen the last of Anson mounts pike, I have something of a man crush there. He has become one of the best captains quite quickly. “Yum yum” who the hell wrote that line? :o

Ship modifications for future models, blast door levers on both sides of the doors. Although kudos for whatever that window was made of, tough stuff!
Last edited by Whiskeyjack on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
Apology if anyone was spoiled on discovery finale, I hit post before adding spoiler tags.
Spoiler
Show
The way they explained it all does seem to tie them into never coming back. They explain why Spock never mentions his sister, even if I think that was unnecessary.

I hope we hadn’t seen the last of Anson mounts pike, I have something of a man crush there. He has become one of the best captains quite quickly. “Yum yum” who the hell wrote that line? :o

Ship modifications for future models, blast door levers on both sides of the doors. Although kudos for whatever that window was made of, tough stuff!
I thought you had and replied to let you know, then when I posted it was in a spoiler tag, so I deleted my reply, I thought I was going mad.
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
I thought you had and replied to let you know, then when I posted it was in a spoiler tag, so I deleted my reply, I thought I was going mad.
Same here, I posted, realised what I had done and went in to fix it and saw someone had replied already. When I looked it was you letting me know I had forgotten to add spoiler tags.

I felt like Basil Fawlty "Im DOING IT" I just _stopped_ doing it to read a message from you to remind me to do what I'm already doing!" ;D
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
Spoiler
Show

Spoiler
Show
The bit with the blast door was mad wasn't it? You would have thought they'd have figured that out a thousand years earlier! Kudos to Pike's eyeballs too, you'd have thought he'd have got a touch of arc eye from watching that thing go off. Odd thing with the whole bomb in general though, as we saw, basically the whole front of the ship was blasted off, but that little door (and window) stopped the blast going the other way too, I guess all the walls on that side of the bomb were made of the same stuff as the blast door and everything in the other direction was made of cheese. You're right about Pike, great captain and a bit of a heart throb to boot.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

😂
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

Anyone sticking with Follow the Money, the Danish serial on Saturday Nights'? It started out well but there are 10 episodes of it - I fear I might not make it to the end!
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 5 years ago

Re Line of Duty: it's still unbearably tense, but i'm getting a bit fed up with how obviously we are being invited to be unable to make our minds up whether Ted Hastings is bent or straight. We need to believe that characters do what they do because that is their character. If we feel the scriptwriter is manipulating them for plotting purposes, we are likely to lose that belief.
1 x