Confessions

Ephemera and whimsy
Rutabaga

Re: Confessions

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

I've been on one or two walking holidays with Exodus, which I suppose count as 'packages' in that everything (except booze) is included in the price. They aren't that cheap, but I thought they were good value for money.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

I thought Killing Eve was fine.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

I am totally outside the media/public service announcement bubble in the UK.

Led by Donkeys says:
'You can hardly turn on the telly or the radio or even walk down a street without being assaulted by his ridiculous “Get Ready for Brexit” campaign.'

The only place I have seen it is in the LBD parodies on this site. It isn't on any billboard I pass, and I've "cut the cable". My radio listening is via podcast and "TV" via Netflix etc. So nothing about Brexit, but I am an expert on Cake, The Revolutionary New Mobile Browser.

Is everyone else soaking in a Get Ready for Brexit stew?
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

I think I've seen a few TV ads and I've certainly heard a few radio ads. I don't think I've seen any social media stuff but I did see something yesterday, I think it was...quick check..here we go, it wasn't this actual article but it'll do;

"Although the Conservatives have spent more than other parties in the past few months, as of writing, the party’s Facebook homepage hasn’t run an ad since September 16"

Which seems rather odd, the deep breath before the plunge maybe?

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/conserv ... l-election
1 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
I am totally outside the media/public service announcement bubble in the UK.

Led by Donkeys says:
'You can hardly turn on the telly or the radio or even walk down a street without being assaulted by his ridiculous “Get Ready for Brexit” campaign.'

The only place I have seen it is in the LBD parodies on this site. It isn't on any billboard I pass, and I've "cut the cable". My radio listening is via podcast and "TV" via Netflix etc. So nothing about Brexit, but I am an expert on Cake, The Revolutionary New Mobile Browser.

Is everyone else soaking in a Get Ready for Brexit stew?
Me too, but then they seem to be using mainly city centres which are very remain-y anyway.

They need to beam one to the moon, or the side of a fell or on a cow or something,
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
They need to beam one to the moon, or the side of a fell or on a cow or something,
Hell yeah!
blade-runner-screenshot-01.png
blade-runner-off-world-colonies.jpg
2 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

I think the Metro had a wraparound on the Get Ready for Brexit thing recently? I'm sure I saw one discarded on the floor of a bus.
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

There were notices on the info boards on the M5 last week.
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

There is a man with a little stand at Cobham Services on the M25 promoting Brexit readiness.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
There is a man with a little stand at Cobham Services on the M25 promoting Brexit readiness.
Are you sure that's not just the AA man? :D
0 x

LowlifeDes

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Are you sure that's not just the AA man? :D
No, no mention of drink at all. Are you sure that you aren't getting obsessed?
3 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
Can you tell me why it is regarded as permissible for lorries to park routinely on the hard shoulders of the slip roads to Cobham Services? Those slip roads are surely under motorway regulations. The Service Station operators presumably are quite happy because they get the drivers' custom, but why don't the police get a quick boost to their statistics by ticketing them all?
0 x

LowlifeDes

JohnToo wrote:
4 years ago
Can you tell me why it is regarded as permissible for lorries to park routinely on the hard shoulders of the slip roads to Cobham Services? Those slip roads are surely under motorway regulations. The Service Station operators presumably are quite happy because they get the drivers' custom, but why don't the police get a quick boost to their statistics by ticketing them all?
I am afraid that this is outwith my competence.
1 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 3 years ago

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
I thought Killing Eve was fine.
It isn't any more, I fear :-(

Too complicated plotwise, and too full of wordy explanations for me. Another example of a series that has been kept going too long?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 3 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
3 years ago
It isn't any more, I fear :-(

Too complicated plotwise, and too full of wordy explanations for me. Another example of a series that has been kept going too long?
Ah. Definitely won't be watching that then. When I said "fine", I meant as in "it's OK, I guess"
0 x