Introduction Post

Ephemera and whimsy
Markymark

Introduction Post

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

Hello All. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a member if CycleChat and have come to say hello.

As an introduction I guess I’ll just say a few words about myself. I’m not really one to blow my own trumpet so forgive me if I come across as humble and a little meek.

I love to travel around the UK. My favourite parts are in the north, particularly Yorkshire where you’ll find decent honest folk, salt of the earth types, not wrapped up in the pointless rat race. I love everywhere in the UK apart from London, a smelly busy place with soulless fools obsessed with money and image. I guess if I had to go there some parts south of the river are just about ok.

I’m a moderately achieving cyclist and use my LG mobile phone for guidance. Im not really a phone person but this one suits my needs as being moderately priced and functional.

I love to meet fellow cyclists as I always want to learn from the knowledge of others. I met some last year in Cambridge and am still amazed at the youthfulness and beauty of them. I had so much to learn and still still apply their words of wisdom to this day.

Well, that’s enough about me as it’s you guys who will be my inspiration.

I’m off to read the Yorkshire Post but mods can you please have a quick look at my account as there seems to be a little distortion in my writings and I’d be most upset if you
fecking losers guys got the wrong impression of me.
1 x

Rocky

Re: Introduction Post

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
Hello All. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a member if CycleChat and have come to say hello.

As an introduction I guess I’ll just say a few words about myself. I’m not really one to blow my own trumpet so forgive me if I come across as humble and a little meek.

I love to travel around the UK. My favourite parts are in the north, particularly Yorkshire where you’ll find decent honest folk, salt of the earth types, not wrapped up in the pointless rat race. I love everywhere in the UK apart from London, a smelly busy place with soulless fools obsessed with money and image. I guess if I had to go there some parts south of the river are just about ok.

I’m a moderately achieving cyclist and use my LG mobile phone for guidance. Im not really a phone person but this one suits my needs as being moderately priced and functional.

I love to meet fellow cyclists as I always want to learn from the knowledge of others. I met some last year in Cambridge and am still amazed at the youthfulness and beauty of them. I had so much to learn and still still apply their words of wisdom to this day.

I’m off to read the Yorkshire Post but mods can you please have a quick look at my account as there seems to be a little distortion in my writings and I’d be most upset if you
Well......... ;D
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago

I can see we're going to get along just peachy.
0 x

Hopless500

Post by Hopless500 » 5 years ago

Normal service has resumed 😆
0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Good afternoon Mark. You may note that some of us have drawn a plush curtain over our previous identities.
0 x

Markymark

Are we to play guess the CC member?

An no, @Regulator , that’s not what you think and not an invitation to upload pics.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

OMG, this Is brilliant! When I first installed this software, I didn't understand permissions. No posts would appear until I approved them. So I just gave registered users every single permission. Now @Markymark has joined, and he is the first to click "AnnouncementGlobal". That turns out to be something only admins should be allowed to do, as it puts the post on the top page of every single forum. Open any forum on this site and the first will be Markymark announcing his arrival.

That is the obviously the way he should announce his presence.

I'll fix the post and the permissions tomorrow, but in the meantime, I will have a polite 🤭.
0 x

Hopless500

Post by Hopless500 » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
OMG, this Is brilliant! When I first installed this software, I didn't understand permissions. No posts would appear until I approved them. So I just gave registered users every single permission. Now @Markymark has joined, and he is the first to click "Announcement". That turns out to be something only admins should be allowed to do, as it puts the post on the top page of every single forum. Open any forum on this site and the first will be Markymark announcing his arrival.

That is the obviously the way he should announce his presence.

I'll fix the post and the permissions tomorrow, but in the meantime, I will have a polite 🤭.
Perfect!!
0 x

Markymark

I had no idea I clicked announcement. The forum software must have instinctively decided I’m too important to just be placed anywhere other than the top of all your posts.
3 x

Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack » 5 years ago

Damn, I go away for a bit and we have new members, welcome surprise, even if one is markymark :D

Welcome to new(ish) members!
0 x