I’m being surveyed by the government about Brexit

Ephemera and whimsy
Markymark

Re: I’m being surveyed by the government about Brexit

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

Hill Wimp wrote:
5 years ago
Anyway @Markymark are you going to tell us what you said in the survey ?
It’s scheduled for about 2 weeks from now. I’m sure there will be a press conference. Maybe even one of those “we’re interrupting this program to go live to Downing Street for an important announcement.”
0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

2 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
It’s scheduled for about 2 weeks from now. I’m sure there will be a press conference. Maybe even one of those “we’re interrupting this program to go live to Downing Street for an important announcement.”
A couple of weeks? Yep, because there's loads of time to get this sorted.
0 x

Markymark

Their deadline was the end of September.
0 x

Hopless500

Post by Hopless500 » 5 years ago

Hill Wimp wrote:
5 years ago
....................... for October :-)
Don't think it will last that long!
0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

I will shoehorn this in here.

May is in Africa looking at strengthening trade and British investment. What's the betting we will be investing in nurse and carer training and making sure the work visa application systems are running smoothly. It's what I would do.
0 x

Markymark

She’ll come back lauding an amazing deal with various African countries that’s about 70% as good as the existing ones we have via our EU membership.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Yeah but, as any fule no, we don't do any trade with anyone other than EU countries ATM.
0 x

Markymark

Well, I had my interview. Was a lot about finance availability and a lot about what my business expectations about brexit are in terms of finance, cashflow, growth, exports, debtors, creditors etc. I did say finance isn't a problem but for the country we need consistency. I suggested keeping Mark Carney on and they said they hadn't thought of that so keep an eye out on the news if they are doing what I suggested later.
I gave them the general gist that brexit won't affect sales directly as I don't export much but it will hit profits from cost rises linked to the falling £. It will hit sales indirectly as many customers are holding back on investment in brexit uncertainty however we are growing so can't be sure.
However biggest issue maintaining stock levels when most paper comes from Europe and storage in central London is at a premium, any delays at ports will cause me major problems. Will have to reevaluate JIT storage which will be time consuming, hard to manage and expensive.
0 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
Well, I had my interview. Was a lot about finance availability and a lot about what my business expectations about brexit are in terms of finance, cashflow, growth, exports, debtors, creditors etc. I did say finance isn't a problem but for the country we need consistency. I suggested keeping Mark Carney on and they said they hadn't thought of that so keep an eye out on the news if they are doing what I suggested later.
I gave them the general gist that brexit won't affect sales directly as I don't export much but it will hit profits from cost rises linked to the falling £. It will hit sales indirectly as many customers are holding back on investment in brexit uncertainty however we are growing so can't be sure.
However biggest issue maintaining stock levels when most paper comes from Europe and storage in central London is at a premium, any delays at ports will cause me major problems. Will have to reevaluate JIT storage which will be time consuming, hard to manage and expensive.
....and hey presto, Carney will stay till 2020. What are tonight's lottery numbers, Marky?

BTW, I had no idea you ran a fish and chip shop. Perhaps you'll have to stop wrapping it in paper and use polystyrene boxes.
2 x

Markymark

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
....and hey presto, Carney will stay till 2020. What are tonight's lottery numbers, Marky?

BTW, I had no idea you ran a fish and chip shop. Perhaps you'll have to stop wrapping it in paper and use polystyrene boxes.
Yes I guess they listened to me and he agreed to my proposal.

No, not a chip shop. I print notes for the royal mint. I have some limited edition £18 notes I can sell you for only £10 each?
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
"He"?

So it wasn't the PM or the Queen? I thought you were important.
0 x

Rocky

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
"He"?

I think it was Rees Mogg.......everyone knows he's running the country.
0 x

Rocky

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago

No, not a chip shop. I print notes for the royal mint. I have some limited edition £18 notes I can sell you for only £10 each?
I'll have five bobs worth please....oh and some crackling
0 x

Markymark

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
"He"?

It was A queen....had a Cambridge phone number....
0 x