Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
Dunckel

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

It is December so we are allowed to think about it. This morning we are off into town to get the presents, this is planned like a military operation, we know exactly what we want and where to get it. There may be an entry in the Booze thread later.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

Dunckel wrote:
5 years ago
It is December so we are allowed to think about it. This morning we are off into town to get the presents, this is planned like a military operation, we know exactly what we want and where to get it. There may be an entry in the Booze thread later.

In case you’re wondering what I want...
2 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

The perfect purchase for the person with more money than sense....

It will have cost no more to make than standard gin - probably less because the distillers simply had to wander into their garden to pick the leaves from the "ancient" mulberry tree rather than buying in a supply. Like a lot of luxury goods it's a gimmick. I bet it's in "How to Spend it".
0 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Me also....I'm sure @Dunckel would be able to negotiate a bulk discount.
0 x

Dunckel

Disaster, the booze shop had no X-Gin in stock, so I left in a huff without picking up any rum or port either.

In other news, all presesnt shopping successfully completed. Where do I send the Morus' to?
1 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

Iris wrote:
5 years ago
The perfect purchase for the person with more money than sense....

It will have cost no more to make than standard gin - probably less because the distillers simply had to wander into their garden to pick the leaves from the "ancient" mulberry tree rather than buying in a supply. Like a lot of luxury goods it's a gimmick. I bet it's in "How to Spend it".
Apart from it being made by a tiny company, aged for two years, at high strength, in hand made jars and in extremely small quantities, production is much the same as Gordon's.
0 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

Anyway, I've had my first mulled wine of the season, whilst watching my five year old daughter's choir performing Away in a Manger. Time to buy the tree, methinks.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Oo! Found a very passive aggressive website. When I clicked the box to get rid of the survey request it proffered on the first link clicked, nearly completely obscuring the content on the page, I was treated to completely white window, bearing this snippy message:
Capture.PNG
1 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
Oo! Found a very passive aggressive website. When I clicked the box to get rid of the survey request it proffered on the first link clicked, nearly completely obscuring the content on the page, I was treated to completely white window, bearing this snippy message:

Capture.PNG
Same happens with the Oxford Mail......which is why I don't read it very much.
1 x

Dunckel

The Leicester Mercury lets you read the first paragraph then slaps a survey box over the rest, sneaking a very very tiny 'cancel' button in one corner.

I know we shouldn't expect content for free but it annoys me enough to just stick with the BBC local news site.
1 x

Hill Wimp

Post by Hill Wimp » 5 years ago

I'm back

and yes I'm RETIRED !!!!!!

However I'm doing something wrong as I seem to be busier than before. Looks like it's going to take a while to catch up with you all. :)
5 x

Hill Wimp

Post by Hill Wimp » 5 years ago

So I don't lose you I have added you to my home screen . God I'm getting radical in my old age.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

I am starting to think Netflix don't respect me...
Attachments
Screenshot_20181207-142940_1.png
0 x

Dunckel

Tonight we return to Delilah Deli for an evening tasting award winning wines, eight examples each matched with a course of food. Very grown up.

The wines had better be good, I still have presents to buy.
0 x

Dunckel

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
I am starting to think Netflix don't respect me...
Netflix and other subscription/bought services are things that have never entered my life.

I may be tight.
0 x