Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
User avatar
Greg
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 627
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Greg » 1 year ago

Prince Phillip Anecdote....

When I were a wee boy we lived in America for a couple of years. He was doing a tour presumably near to where we lived and so of course we visited. He patted me on the head and said to my parents "He is very brown isn't he?"*

* For context I'm not black but tan very easily.
1 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1863
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 1 year ago

Greg wrote:
1 year ago
Prince Phillip Anecdote....

When I were a wee boy we lived in America for a couple of years. He was doing a tour presumably near to where we lived and so of course we visited. He patted me on the head and said to my parents "He is very brown isn't he?"*

* For context I'm not black but tan very easily.


He swore at me on several occasions.

My neighbour, who was a porter at one of the Cambridge colleges, has an anecdote about getting drunk with Prince Philip, much to the annoyance of the Master.
1 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 498
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 1 year ago

Regulator wrote:
1 year ago
He swore at me on several occasions.

My neighbour, who was a porter at one of the Cambridge colleges, has an anecdote about getting drunk with Prince Philip, much to the annoyance of the Master.
But has he fallen asleep on the Queen Mother?
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 1 year ago

God but the radio's boring today :-(
0 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 498
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 1 year ago

Rutabaga wrote:
1 year ago
God but the radio's boring today :-(
Oh gawd it's gonna be all over the telly tonight as well, isn't it?
0 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1365
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by LowlifeDes » 1 year ago

I feel sorry for Nicholas Witchell, he was going to put his feet up and watch The Masters with a few cans today.
3 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 752
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Iris » 1 year ago

The Real Ravenhurst wrote:
1 year ago
Oh gawd it's gonna be all over the telly tonight as well, isn't it?
That's what [insert catchup service of choice] is for.

We didn't watch Taskmaster last night. And we're still catching up on Luther and Elizabeth R. And Blackadder.
1 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 752
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Iris » 1 year ago

One of my colleagues has a friend who has a senior position in one of the hospitals. Apparently he's not a good patient. (I'm being diplomatic).

Meanwhile...

I've got to have a call with a colleague on Sunday in hopes that we'll know whether or not I've got to ask people to make arrangements for a bank holiday. The rumour is not, in case you're wondering - apparently he didn't see why people should take time off work and didn't want the fuss. I'm sure that a dutiful wife will respect his wishes.
Last edited by Iris on Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 1 year ago

The heart surgery was well worth it all round then.
1 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 498
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 1 year ago

Rutabaga wrote:
1 year ago
The heart surgery was well worth it all round then.
LOL.

I laughed at this in-thread because it was so ridiculous, but they've actually gone and done it.
Screenshot_20210409-172906.png
1 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 1 year ago

Poor Cookie is most affronted, quite rightly. Imagine the fuss if Keir turns up at the funeral in a donkey jacket.
1 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 498
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 1 year ago

Iris wrote:
1 year ago
That's what [insert catchup service of choice] is for.

We didn't watch Taskmaster last night. And we're still catching up on Luther and Elizabeth R. And Blackadder.
I don't need encouragement to binge-watch stuff on All4 or iPlayer, but I have an arrangement involving a few live TV things accompanied by WhatsApp bantz.
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 1 year ago

8) I think we just broke a rule though.
2 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1722
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 1 year ago

Gardeners World is off. And OH NO it should be the Masterchef FINAL.
0 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 498
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 1 year ago

Rutabaga wrote:
1 year ago
Poor Cookie is most affronted, quite rightly. Imagine the fuss if Keir turns up at the funeral in a donkey jacket.
Ha! At the risk of alienating my one mod ally I might have to use that.
0 x

Post Reply