I’m not sure we should be encouraging @Dunckel
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Whiskeyjack » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
I'm wearing shorts 😲
I wore shorts and mowed the lawn! I’ve retreated to the house to recover.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

I’ve been gardening. 8 tomato plants (6 tumbling, 2 bush) are in, along with two courgette plants (1 green, 1 yellow). I’ve also got 4 strawberry plants in (1 early, 2 mid and 1 late season).

A new distillery has opened up locally - so I have a bottle to reward my labours with later, as well as a nice chunk of pichana and a Camembert that is so runny it has to be kept in a bowl.

Best of all, Mr R has gone camping, so I have the house (and the telly) to myself.
3 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

It looks like we are off to Santorini in September.

We decided not to visit the garden centre this morning to get some bedding plants, on the grounds that everybody else in the East Midlands will be there. My legs might not be out yet, but the butterflies are, and I think I might have seen the first Swift return from its winter vacation.
3 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago
I’ve been gardening. 8 tomato plants (6 tumbling, 2 bush) are in, along with two courgette plants (1 green, 1 yellow). I’ve also got 4 strawberry plants in (1 early, 2 mid and 1 late season).

A new distillery has opened up locally - so I have a bottle to reward my labours with later, as well as a nice chunk of pichana and a Camembert that is so runny it has to be kept in a bowl.

Best of all, Mr R has gone camping, so I have the house (and the telly) to myself.
Enjoy mopping up your camembert, I bet it will be sooo good
0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

We've dug out the old bark path at the bottom of the garden and laid the foundations of a new one, from the chippings of the apple tree we had pruned over the winter.

Apparently it's a day of fasting and abstinence so I can't have a cocktail. Apart from the fact that we have no gin in the house.
2 x

Dunckel

Given Trump's most recent Tweets, it looks like the atmosphere is a little tense at Mar-a-Lago today
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Iris wrote:
5 years ago
Apparently it's a day of fasting and abstinence so I can't have a cocktail. Apart from the fact that we have no gin in the house.
It's not that kind of abstinence: no meat. Alcohol is ok with your meal, but not in excess.

No alcohol? Google wedding at Cana for possible options.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Iris wrote:
5 years ago
We've dug out the old bark path at the bottom of the garden and laid the foundations of a new one, from the chippings of the apple tree we had pruned over the winter.

At last count I had 19 bottles if you want to pop round and borrow one or two...
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago
At last count I had 19 bottles if you want to pop round and borrow one or two...
Ah! A different alcohol based miracle!
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Enjoying the News Quiz is bitter sweet.
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It’s a very misty morning out there...
1 x

Dunckel

What a glorious day, shorts are on (no photos), an hours worth of gardening done and the hard floors downstairs are mopped. Now to relax and wait for Gin O'clock to come round.

We have a lovely rack of lamb from Tori and Ben's for supper, with a bottle of Greek wine to wash it down.

Pills to improve the mood are all well and good, but you can't beat the first warm weekend of the year.
1 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Dunckel wrote:
5 years ago
What a glorious day, shorts are on (no photos), an hours worth of gardening done and the hard floors downstairs are mopped. Now to relax and wait for Gin O'clock to come round.

We have a lovely rack of lamb from Tori and Ben's for supper, with a bottle of Greek wine to wash it down.

Pills to improve the mood are all well and good, but you can't beat the first warm weekend of the year.
Have a great day......enjoy your lamb, wine and gin (although not necessarily in that order). We are going to listen to some Bach this afternoon.
2 x