Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
Whiskeyjack

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Whiskeyjack » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
...good luck.

Don't forget to introduce yourself. When Gravel was doing his first OSCE he forgot to introduce himself to the dummy arm he was putting a line up on.....he failed that station.
Thanks, I wont forget (I hope).
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
...good luck.

Don't forget to introduce yourself. When Gravel was doing his first OSCE he forgot to introduce himself to the dummy arm he was putting a line up on.....he failed that station.
What happened to Gravel btw? did he have to retake that before his first placement?
0 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
Go for it!! As a customer you might get a few more verses - perhaps the next one will be like this letter from Larkin to a woman friend:

“Morning, noon & bloody night,
Seven sodding days a week,
I slave at filthy WORK, that might
Be done by any book-drunk freak.
This goes on until I kick the bucket.
FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT”
;D

Though we have waste to discard and you offer a route
We humbly submit that your service is moot
Your verse was reviewed by our very best janitor
Who only takes bids in iambic pentameter
6 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
What happened to Gravel btw? did he have to retake that before his first placement?
Yes - he did have to retake it over the summer. And thankfully he passed.
2 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
Yes - he did have to retake it over the summer. And thankfully he passed.
Gravel I like, but I would much rather watch No.1 son at work.

In other news, Lu and I spent Valentines day a couple of years back at the theatre. Very romantic, watching a one man show about the Israeli wall dividing Palestine.

1 x

Rocky

@Whiskeyjack how did it go?
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 5 years ago

Got to have a tooth removed, must admit I'm quite nervous :(
1 x

Rocky

Greg wrote:
5 years ago
<hugs>.

I’m just in the process of getting an implant done. I’ve just had the titanium bit drilled into my gum. So far it’s cost me more than the last bike I bought, my Surly disk trucker.
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
@Whiskeyjack how did it go?
Hey, thanks , went... ok. I’m hard on myself I think. I did make a bit of a mess of the form by crossing out the first two columns to get it exactly perfect. I hope.

First one was I wasn’t happy it was completely clear and wanted to make sure, so I drew a line through it and did it again. then on my third check I spotted I had made a mistake in the temperature column. So I had to cross this out as well and do it again.

I’m confident it’s ok. but annoyed nerves got to me and I made a mistake. But I’ll learn from it and get better. Glad I took the time to recheck it though.

All my essays are done, so I just have an exam on Friday and I can relax.
2 x

Whiskeyjack

Greg wrote:
5 years ago
If it’s any help... I got one done recently, it had been a long time since my last’ and it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I remembered it.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Whiskeyjack wrote:
5 years ago
Hey, thanks , went... ok. I’m hard on myself I think. I did make a bit of a mess of the form by crossing out the first two columns to get it exactly perfect. I hope.

First one was I wasn’t happy it was completely clear and wanted to make sure, so I drew a line through it and did it again. then on my third check I spotted I had made a mistake in the temperature column. So I had to cross this out as well and do it again.

I’m confident it’s ok. but annoyed nerves got to me and I made a mistake. But I’ll learn from it and get better. Glad I took the time to recheck it though.

All my essays are done, so I just have an exam on Friday and I can relax.
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/file/9436/d ... n=0CtCUyjM

I'm not surprised you found that hard to get right under pressure!
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/file/9436/d ... n=0CtCUyjM

I'm not surprised you found that hard to get right under pressure!
Hah, you are too kind. I can only imagine how bad it is for children’s nurses who have different ones for different ages
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

I've been thinking about NEWS2, and this seems one time where the assessment is really valuable. Often when you fill in that form, it will be under pressure with serious consequences if you make a mistake. You can't find out how that pressure affects you any other way (without putting a patient in danger). So while we all want to ace every test, it seems you may have learnt something that will make you a better nurse.

Ignore me if that sound patronising. Actually, let me know if it sounds patronising, I know just which website to repost it on, a place where patronising is what they like.
1 x

Whiskeyjack

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
I've been thinking about NEWS2, and this seems one time where the assessment is really valuable. Often when you fill in that form, it will be under pressure with serious consequences if you make a mistake. You can't find out how that pressure affects you any other way (without putting a patient in danger). So while we all want to ace every test, it seems you may have learnt something that will make you a better nurse.

Ignore me if that sound patronising. Actually, let me know if it sounds patronising, I know just which website to repost it on, a place where patronising is what they like.
Oh you are right, and it’s important I don’t make mistakes, that form could save someone life. I think working with it more will help as at the moment I’m just practicing between everything else I am doing. Although I felt daft I did what I needed to to get it right.

As a former IT person I do find myself thinking, if the nurse could just put the numbers into a tablet you would remove that margin of error.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 5 years ago

I got banned from Cycling Related for two days 8)
2 x