Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 1 month ago

67FE1457-D18E-4F60-9A5A-85DB455FA89C.jpeg
Bye bye Fiji

Hello Sydney.
1 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Dunckel » 1 month ago

Rocky wrote:
1 month ago
67FE1457-D18E-4F60-9A5A-85DB455FA89C.jpeg

Bye bye Fiji

Hello Sydney.
You're a bit posh, I only ever travel behind the engines.

Enjoy Sydney. Did you cry when you left Fiji? I always do.
1 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1154
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 1 month ago

Dunckel wrote:
1 month ago
You're a bit posh, I only ever travel behind the engines.

Enjoy Sydney. Did you cry when you left Fiji? I always do.
Yebbut, he's still in cattle class. I do hope the Prof's upfront... ;D
2 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Dunckel » 1 month ago

Rocky wrote:
1 month ago
67FE1457-D18E-4F60-9A5A-85DB455FA89C.jpeg

Bye bye Fiji

Hello Sydney.
This might sound either sad or stalky, but I recognise that coral, that's Malolo Barrier Reef you are flying over, I went diving there, and you have just passed over Malolo Lailai island where we stayed.
1 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 1 month ago

Regulator wrote:
1 month ago
Yebbut, he's still in cattle class. I do hope the Prof's upfront... ;D
I was in seat 1A.


We flew Jetstar.........where everyone is cattle class.
1 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 1 month ago

Dunckel wrote:
1 month ago
This might sound either sad or stalky, but I recognise that coral, that's Malolo Barrier Reef you are flying over, I went diving there, and you have just passed over Malolo Lailai island where we stayed.
Spot on!!

I shed a tear when we were given the farewell song at the resort. It was such a lovely place.
2 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 1 month ago

A9EAE9EA-64A4-468D-8516-6EEACC9F1662.jpeg
59F0CD17-49F6-4A08-9123-E34B1583DD0E.jpeg
35546F66-CE9F-4658-93FA-7E51BF10CD60.jpeg

This was today......tomorrow is sorted courtesy of @Regulator ...... we are going to The Museum of Human Disease.
5 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Dunckel » 1 month ago

Rocky wrote:
1 month ago
A9EAE9EA-64A4-468D-8516-6EEACC9F1662.jpeg

59F0CD17-49F6-4A08-9123-E34B1583DD0E.jpeg

35546F66-CE9F-4658-93FA-7E51BF10CD60.jpeg


This was today......tomorrow is sorted courtesy of @Regulator ...... we are going to The Museum of Human Disease.
Don't tell me you went to the pie shop, that is the one thing I didn't do and I regret.

I think I said this last time, but please go to Bill's in Darlinghurst https://www.bills.com.au/darlinghurst
The original restaurant of my favourite celebrity chef and where avocado on toast was invented (don't hold it against him, the rest of his food is brilliant) try the sweetcorn fritter breakfast, it is special.

*this has nothing to do with the high street chain 'bills' in the UK where there is an ongoing legal dispute over them basically nicking his brand identity.
0 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 1 month ago

B004F541-6555-4D1E-91A4-32AE649FC891.jpeg
Will check out Bill’s - thanks!!
1 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Dunckel » 1 month ago

Rocky wrote:
1 month ago
B004F541-6555-4D1E-91A4-32AE649FC891.jpeg

Will check out Bill’s - thanks!!
Oh my!!!!
1 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1761
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 1 month ago

Rocky wrote:
1 month ago
B004F541-6555-4D1E-91A4-32AE649FC891.jpeg
Will check out Bill’s - thanks!!
Jesus, no!

Pie, sauce*, paper bag. Footie match optional,but add it if you can. Peas, mash, gravy? That's English nonsense.

*ketchup
2 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by LowlifeDes » 1 month ago

But no objection to the American nonsense?
0 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1761
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 1 month ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
1 month ago
But no objection to the American nonsense?
Australians drink that shit up.

But, yes, either a Bundy ginger beer or a Solo would be better.


Two points
  • "and when you've got a thirst for it, you've got to crack a Solo"
  • is it just me, or does that ad look like the only PG outtakes of a gay porno?
Edit: Oh, or a Passiona!
3 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 1 month ago

Cracking a solo.......rather loses its meaning in translation.
3 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1761
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 1 month ago

Yes, in British it just sounds like slang for masturbation.

I was going to say euphemism but it's pretty descriptive.
2 x

Post Reply