Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1337
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 months ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
2 months ago
At this time of year?
Autocorrect error…
Joan wrote:
2 months ago

That would be a good place to check with @Regulator that the rose petals are food grade.
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 763
Joined: 8 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 2 months ago

Rocky wrote:
2 months ago
....where you and @Dunckel can chat to each other....
What evidence is there that I am a food snob?
2 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 2 months ago

Joan wrote:
2 months ago
That would be a good place to check with @Regulator that the rose petals are food grade.
They are. They came as part of the Gin Club pack this month.

The ras el hanout was nice... 👍
1 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 819
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 2 months ago

Rutabaga wrote:
2 months ago
What evidence is there that I am a food snob?
It was meant to be a compliment.... honest
2 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1337
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 months ago

Rutabaga wrote:
2 months ago
Do we need a separate food snob thread?
Ah, but where to put it?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190205-185819_1.png
0 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 819
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 2 months ago

Joan wrote:
2 months ago
Ah, but where to put it?
In that case, I want a separate cheese and pickle section of the forum.
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 763
Joined: 8 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 2 months ago

Regulator wrote:
2 months ago
They are. They came as part of the Gin Club pack this month.
Are you sure you aren't just meant to scatter them on the divan?
2 x

Lullabelle
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 174
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Rocky wrote:
2 months ago
Cheese and pickle sandwich for supper for me. None of your poncey stuff here......

My colleague has bought 2 new rats, they are called cheese and pickle, full on cuteness overload.
1 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 763
Joined: 8 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 2 months ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 months ago
My colleague has bought 2 new rats, they are called cheese and pickle, full on cuteness overload.
I was on a demonstration in London once, some years ago, and was mesmerised by a long tail hanging down from underneath the hair of a woman walking in front of me. It was her pet rat, who apparently went everywhere with her, lying around the back of her neck quite happily.
0 x

Lullabelle
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 174
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Rutabaga wrote:
2 months ago
I was on a demonstration in London once, some years ago, and was mesmerised by a long tail hanging down from underneath the hair of a woman walking in front of me. It was her pet rat, who apparently went everywhere with her, lying around the back of her neck quite happily.

We had 16 but Dunckle became allergic to them so after they passed we haven't had any more.
0 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 2 months ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 months ago
My colleague has bought 2 new rats, they are called cheese and pickle, full on cuteness overload.

My father once won a pig at a fair, which he swapped for three goslings. My little sister (who was about 7-8 at the time) named them Cheese, Pickle and Quacker. They lived with the hens in our back garden.

Cheese and Quacker were unfortunately killed by a fox. Pickle went to live on a friend’s farm. He had an old moated manor house, with a large pond with an island in it (you can actually see the house from the M25 when going north from the Dartford Tunnel).
1 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 763
Joined: 8 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 2 months ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 months ago
We had 16 but Dunckle became allergic to them so after they passed we haven't had any more.
:(
0 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1337
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 months ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 months ago
We had 16 but Dunckle became allergic to them so after they passed we haven't had any more.
16 is a lot of rats.

Maybe too many?


0 x

User avatar
Sonic Budgie
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 302
Joined: 8 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Sonic Budgie » 2 months ago

Regulator wrote:
2 months ago
Cheese and Quacker were unfortunately killed by a fox. Pickle went to live on a friend’s farm. He had an old moated manor house, with a large pond with an island in it (you can actually see the house from the M25 when going north from the Dartford Tunnel).
Oh Reg, you sweet innocent child.
3 x

Lullabelle
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 174
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 months ago

Joan wrote:
2 months ago
16 is a lot of rats.

Maybe too many?



We didn't plan on having that many, it is a long story but to see 12 new born baby rats, pink and completely blind was quite amazing then to watch them grow and develop their own individual personalities, quirky, cheeky, intelligent and affectionate.
2 x

Post Reply