Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
Mister Paul
Jr. Member
Jr. Member
Posts: 81
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Mister Paul » 2 weeks ago

Two coats of dusty pink, and half of the cherry tree chopped back.
0 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 172
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by JohnToo » 2 weeks ago

I’ve just been for a walk up Box Hill. I passed a small group at the bottom, casually dressed, wearing Barbours and wellies. Then I realised they were steadily gaining on me, and I was pushing myself a bit. Bloody hell, I thought, I know i’m not specially fit, but it seems unfair they should be gaining on me quite so easily, and having enough breath to spare for a relaxed conversation to boot. Then I realised that the conversation was in fact comparing their respective experience as Marine and Army officers at Annapolis and Sandhurst, and I stopped feeling resentful and merely felt grateful that I was still, just, ahead of them at the top, albeit in a state of near collapse 😀
4 x

Lullabelle
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 weeks ago

I am watching a place in the sun, Grenada looks nice, sunnier than here anyway.
0 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 745
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Regulator » 2 weeks ago

Lullabelle wrote:
2 weeks ago
I am watching a place in the sun, Grenada looks nice, sunnier than here anyway.
Granada is fabulous...


...and it has the Alhambra - probably one of the most beautiful building complexes in the world (IMHO).
1 x

ransos
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 111
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by ransos » 2 weeks ago

Regulator wrote:
2 weeks ago
Granada is fabulous...


...and it has the Alhambra - probably one of the most beautiful building complexes in the world (IMHO).
Indeed, but what does it have to do with a Caribbean island?
1 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1133
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 weeks ago

ransos wrote:
2 weeks ago
Indeed, but what does it have to do with a Caribbean island?
Ah, you've made the same mistake Ronald Reagan made!
0 x

LowlifeDes
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 414
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by LowlifeDes » 2 weeks ago

Joan wrote:
2 weeks ago
Ah, you've made the same mistake Ronald Reagan made!
Surely he didn't have to rent his TV.
2 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 172
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by JohnToo » 2 weeks ago

4675A770-4C6E-4265-ABB2-BAF759586EF5.jpeg
Hope you survived, TheReal Ravenshurst - it would be a shame to have been blown off your bike and borken something else😘
2 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 130
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 2 weeks ago

JohnToo wrote:
2 weeks ago
4675A770-4C6E-4265-ABB2-BAF759586EF5.jpeg

Hope you survived, TheReal Ravenshurst - it would be a shame to have been blown off your bike and borken something else😘
That's just a fresh breeze in Mumbles terms. Wasn't out on the bike yesterday. Not looking forward to today's ride home though.
3 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 2 weeks ago

The Prof has just tweeted......



Now who might Mr Manspreader remind me of?
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 634
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 2 weeks ago

I am amazed the Prof didn't ask for space!
0 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 699
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rocky » 2 weeks ago

Rutabaga wrote:
2 weeks ago
I am amazed the Prof didn't ask for space!
She's normally very assertive but there was something about the situation and demeanour of the overbearing slob sitting next to her in a packed carriage that made her suffer in silence...........and that scenario will be played out all over the country this evening, sadly.
3 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 634
Joined: 7 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Rutabaga » 2 weeks ago

Yes, you're right of course. I once travelled standing up on a bus for ten minutes or so with my arm in a sling - I was too proud to ask anyone to give up their seat, but I must admit I was a bit surprised that no one did.
3 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1133
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Joan » 2 weeks ago

I once fulfilled my (non-sexual) fantasy at a manspreader (before the word existed) who was taking 3 seats on a train with many standing passengers. As I squeezed into the half seat he had left, I asked him if it was painful to have testicles that swollen. He didn't answer, and he didn't give me a millimetre more of space.
3 x

Lullabelle
Full Member
Full Member
Posts: 133
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 2 weeks ago

Joan wrote:
2 weeks ago
I once fulfilled my (non-sexual) fantasy at a manspreader (before the word existed) who was taking 3 seats on a train with many standing passengers. As I squeezed into the half seat he had left, I asked him if it was painful to have testicles that swollen. He didn't answer, and he didn't give me a millimetre more of space.

It is very much a male dominance thing, us women don't thrust our breasts out to assert ourselves...oh hang on...
0 x

Post Reply