5 years ago
Bark facing up? You monster!

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/20/worl ... sions.html
I’m a maverick.
0 x

Rocky

Re: Toys!!!!!

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Quite frankly, I think I’ll stick with my underfloor heating......much more civilised and definitely posher.
0 x

Markymark

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
Quite frankly, I think I’ll stick with my underfloor heating......much more civilised and definitely posher.
We are soon to have some very posh smart thermostats on every radiator all controlled by apps. But nothing beats an open fire.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
We are soon to have some very posh smart thermostats on every radiator all controlled by apps. But nothing beats an open fire.
You stick with it Marky, when we go back to the dark ages from April 2019 these people with their new fangled central heating will be banging on our doors wanting to sit by our fires and roast their chestnuts.
BTW, log splitters are the bees knees. Did you get a stand with yours? It really saves your back, I'll take a photo of mine and put it up too, we could start an owners forum!!
Last edited by Sonic Budgie on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

20180904_101256.jpg
There we go, I put my chainsaw there so you could see that too :)
0 x

Markymark

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
You stick with it Marky, when we go back to the dark ages from April 2019 these people with their new fangled central heating will be banging on our doors wanting to sit by our fires and roast their chestnuts.
BTW, log splitters are the bees knees. Did you get a stand with yours? It really saves your back, I'll take a photo of mine and put it up too, we could start an owners forum too!!
I thought about a stand but I am already pushing my luck with space taken up in the shed. I just make a pile next to it, sit down and crack on - easily done.

Having a bike shelter built in the front later this year which should clear a number of bikes which will help.
1 x

Markymark

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
There we go, I put my chainsaw there so you could see that too :)
Petrol?
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
Petrol?
Yeah.
The log splitter is really good for making kindling too if you can get someone to give you a hand. Pallet slats precut to the right length can be really quickly nibbled through, you can have a good bag full in no time. You may have done it already so forgive me if that's a bit of an egg sucking post.
0 x

Markymark

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
Yeah.
The log splitter is really good for making kindling too if you can get someone to give you a hand. Pallet slats precut to the right length can be really quickly nibbled through, you can have a good bag full in no time. You may have done it already so forgive me if that's a bit of an egg sucking post.
We walk in the local parks/forests and the kids love to pick up sticks on the way back for kindling.

I always find man-made wood really spitty on an open fire so try to avoid it
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
We walk in the local parks/forests and the kids love to pick up sticks on the way back for kindling.
We used to do that with our Nan and her dog when we were kids, it was called "Going wooding." Happy days.
1 x