Uploading photos

ransos

Re: Uploading photos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

I can't get uploads to work on my phone. Chrome and stock Moto G5.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

ransos wrote:
5 years ago
I can't get uploads to work on my phone. Chrome and stock Moto G5.
Ugh. This is so frustrating, because every photo I have uploaded has been using Chrome and stock Moto G6 Play (8.0.0). Never had a problem. Not the same exactly, but close.

I've looked at the logs and the files, and there seems to be no sign of your uploads. Can you try to upload here, and post either way, so I can look for files created at that time?

Also, can you email me the actual file you can't upload, so I can see if that is the problem.

Pm to follow.
0 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

Presentation1.jpg
Is it a file size thing? I keep getting the error in the screenshot when trying to upload a photo, but the screenshot itself uploaded just fine.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

ransos wrote:
5 years ago

Is it a file size thing? I keep getting the error in the screenshot when trying to upload a photo, but the screenshot itself uploaded just fine.
No, it's a bug. If you click that yellow triangle you will see that the site had a problem resizing that image. There's something slightly wrong with that image. I'll investigate.

Resizing it on your end is a workaround, though. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ResizeLite for example. The image gets resized server side, so there is no reason not to resize if before uploading.
IMG_20180929_191554775.jpg
@Lullabelle, you might want to try this too.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

I've decided it might be file size related, so have set the maximum files size to 1MB (this is still larger than the posted image will be)
0 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
No, it's a bug. If you click that yellow triangle you will see that the site had a problem resizing that image. There's something slightly wrong with that image. I'll investigate.

Resizing it on your end is a workaround, though. https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ResizeLite for example. The image gets resized server side, so there is no reason not to resize if before uploading.

IMG_20180929_191554775.jpg

@Lullabelle, you might want to try this too.
Dunckle and I have discussed this and we believe it is a file size issue.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

In a different topic.....
Iris wrote:
5 years ago
(Imagine a photo of a pint of Old Speckled Hen and some dry roasted peanuts which is too large for uploading)
I deliberately set the file size small to solve the above problems, foolishly assuming everyone could resize on their device. There is also a server side resizer, so if the maximum image size is causing a problem, I could up it and see if how we get on.

What do you think?
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

Just trying this...
E55B332F-9DC0-4CA6-9AA4-4DF0EE2AA845.jpeg
Yay! It worked.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

What is the position on this? Do I have to resize images or does the server do it?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

LowlifeDes wrote:
5 years ago
What is the position on this? Do I have to resize images or does the server do it?
It's server side.

(just changed, it was both)
1 x