Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Uploading photos

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Hill Wimp wrote:
5 years ago
So how do I upload a photo into here?
If you are in quick reply mode, then you will need to go to Full Editor & Preview.
IMG_20180819_130509.jpg
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Uploading photos

If you are already on the full editor page, then click Attachments. I think the rest will be obvious, but ask any questions.
IMG_20180819_131006.jpg
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 5 years ago

Joan - you edited a post of mine with a photo earlier - the annotation said something about rotation. I recall some previous discussion about the orientation of photos - was this the same issue? How does one avoid causing someone else needing to edit the photos we post?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

JohnToo wrote:
5 years ago
Joan - you edited a post of mine with a photo earlier - the annotation said something about rotation. I recall some previous discussion about the orientation of photos - was this the same issue? How does one avoid causing someone else needing to edit the photos we post?
Keep doing what you are doing. I found an extension that sorts out image rotation automatically when uploaded. The only way to apply that fix to existing posts was to delete then upload it again.

Future photos should be correctly oriented.

(iPhone?)
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Hill Wimp wrote:
5 years ago
I click on attachments but nothing happened when I hit ADD.

Sorry for being thick.
You aren't being thick. It should just work.

Can you tell me what OS (eg Windows 10) and browser you are using?
0 x

Hill Wimp

Post by Hill Wimp » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
You aren't being thick. It should just work.

Can you tell me what OS (eg Windows 10) and browser you are using?
Now you are being technical. It's on my Samsung phone through Google.

Going to try to log on via my laptop and see if it's any different.
0 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Hill Wimp wrote:
5 years ago

You are already operating above my pay grade.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Hill Wimp wrote:
5 years ago

That's really helpful. Android and Chrome. I am using the same combination (though mine is a Moto G). (Un?)fortunately, it just works for me.

It seems there can be four possible sources of the problem - your device, your account, this website or phpBB itself. Let's start eliminating them.

Yup, try using your laptop. I will also send you instructions in a PM on how to test it on phpbb.com. If it works there, then there is something wrong with this website. If it doesn't work there, then - yay! - I can turn to them for support on what is broken.

Please be patient. This is a really valuable learning experience for me. I know it's going to be a bit of a pain, but we will all learn from it.

If you are really feeling keen, you could install a different browser
0 x

Markymark

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

Works for me on my....
F79E89BA-DC8A-4980-BE5A-09AAC491C98B.png
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Markymark wrote:
5 years ago
Works for me on my....
F79E89BA-DC8A-4980-BE5A-09AAC491C98B.png
I don't know what that is. Ok, I do know what that is, because context. But all smart phones look the same these days. You need to show the back if you want us to know the name.

edit: I was going to say "Are you sure? Have you uploaded any images yet?" Fortunately I stopped myself because you uploaded an image of that mystery phone.
1 x

Markymark

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
I don't know what that is. Ok, I do know what that is, because context. But all smart phones look the same these days. You need to show the back if you want us to know the name.

edit: I was going to say "Are you sure? Have you uploaded any images yet?" Fortunately I stopped myself because you uploaded an image of that mystery phone.
It’s an iPhone Awseome.It looks exactly the same as an iPhone X but comes installed with an awesome-integration-chip. The lovely guys at Apple only charged me twice as much as an iPhone X which is really kind of them. They were laughing and mumbling something about a stupidgullibleidgit which must be some special OS saved for people like me.
3 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
If you are in quick reply mode, then you will need to go to Full Editor & Preview.
IMG_20180819_130509.jpg

When in natter I wanted to post a picture, when I went onto the editor thing it took me to a previous post and tried to add it underneath as this is now, does that make sense?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Lullabelle wrote:
5 years ago
When in natter I wanted to post a picture, when I went onto the editor thing it took me to a previous post and tried to add it underneath as this is now, does that make sense?
No, I don't understand. I am still not used to this software either. Can you reproduce with screenshots?
0 x

Lullabelle

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
No, I don't understand. I am still not used to this software either. Can you reproduce with screenshots?

To be honest I am not very good with technology and cannot do screenshots. I will discuss this with my other half, he understands stuff.
0 x

Lullabelle

Joan wrote:
5 years ago

To be honest I am not very good with technology and cannot do screenshots. I will discuss this with my other half, he understands stuff.
0 x