Your Ride Today

Everything to do with cycling

JohnToo

Re: Your Ride Today

Post by JohnToo » 2 years ago

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
I haven't heard anything about this, their website says the pedestrian gates remain open 24 hours, and nothing in the news.

I haven't been in the park after the main gates have shut in a while, but I may do a reccy next time I am out after dark.

Was it the Sheen entrance?
Roehampton gate.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 2 years ago

Very odd 🤔

I will try to see what I can see, maybe tomorrow night
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 2 years ago

I joined some compatriots this morning for the regular Tuesday ride, my first one since the surgery. Just to the coffee stop and back, 14 miles. Yay.
4 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Wow. Thats a really good recovery you have made. Any soreness today?
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 2 years ago

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
Wow. Thats a really good recovery you have made. Any soreness today?
Thanks! I feel mostly OK today, but I did struggle up a couple of not very big hills yesterday - I think I am pretty much recovered now, but my fitness isn't great yet. I have been walking increasing distances recently but not much else. Back to volunteering in the food-redistribution warehouse today. :)
4 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

On Saturday, I needed to go from Windsor to Heathrow (as you do) and I chose probably a bad route, around this roundabout.

The M4 was partially closed in both directions, so the roundabout was basically drum tight, with cars and lorries immobile. I moved between them relatively easily, but not as easily as I would have done it if traffic was moving.

I left the traffic jam onto the A4, which is briefly only one lane in each direction, but there was little traffic because of the jam behind me. But still, every so often a car would free itself and speed up behind me, and maybe if there was a car coming towards us, they would have to wait a moment before passing me. I assume the were wound up and frustrated from the traffic jam, and likely running late if they had assumed they could use the motorway, but I don't feel that justified the way they leant on the horn to try to scare me into the gutter. I was not the one that had held them up 🤪

Nice ride before that though, to Windsor, and cars were beautifully polite across Runnymede, waiting patiently for the time it was safe to pass me.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210718-161537_1.png
0 x