Vandal on a bike

Everything to do with cycling
Rutabaga

Vandal on a bike

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

This from the (awful, sorry) local paper. I don't know what to say, apart from that it's deeply depressing and the bloke is a complete idiot.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1736022 ... ef=mr&lp=8
1 x

Rocky

Re: Vandal on a bike

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Agreed.....I also find it sad that this tarnishes all cyclists. What about saying that a vandal/criminal/yob broke off the car mirrors?
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
Agreed.....I also find it sad that this tarnishes all cyclists. What about saying that a vandal/criminal/yob broke off the car mirrors?
It's The Argus.... the Brighton version of the cyclist-hating Cambridge News.
0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

From that short video it looks targeted, so none of us know what prompted it. The bicycle may be incidental to the whole thing.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

If someone leant out a car window and tore off the wing mirrors, I am sure they would describe them as a "driver".

I hope we can avoid the thing I hate on other cycling websites, suggesting cycling should be a protected characteristic. Yes, we all get tarred with the (no insurance/run red lights/ride on the pavement) brush, whether we do that or not, but when a group of cyclists tore off 1/2 dozen wing mirrors in my street (eerily nearly the same name as the street in the article), none of the neighbours looked askance at me at the next neighbourhood watch meeting, though most of them know me as a cyclist. They also know I don't have the upper body strength to do that many.

Anyone who reads that article and think it tells them anything about the riders in the annoying pelatons along Marine Parade is an idiot.

BTW, people leave dash cams on 24/7??
1 x