Tredz....grrrr

Everything to do with cycling
Mister Paul

Tredz....grrrr

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

Bought a £1k bike from tredz through C2W. It's hardly done 300 miles. The Shimano internal hub is clicking. Local bike shop said it's something internal and want £40 to inspect it. I asked Tredz to sort it under warranty. They said it's probably wear and tear, and that I should pay the LBS to inspect it and then send it to Madison myself if it's not. I've told Tredz my contract is with them and they need to sort it at no cost or inconvenience to me. It's not wear and tear. The bike is immaculate.

I posted a review this week saying as much. Within a day they had responded saying that as my bike is at the local shop they'd advised me to get them to look at it for them and were waiting to hear from me.

Fortunately you can edit your reviews. So I did so, pointing out that the bike is in my shed and that they're not following their obligations. Another reply within half an hour saying that they'll talk to their tech team.

I know it's difficult for distance sellers to deal with warranty claims but that's just tough. They need to use some of the money they save from not having to run a chain of shops on a proper warranty support process.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tredz....grrrr

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

If I recall correctly, your employer is actually the owner of the bike. Do Tredz really want to go up against them?
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

I'd not thought about that. Mind you, it seems like once they have their voucher they're not interested.
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
If I recall correctly, your employer is actually the owner of the bike. Do Tredz really want to go up against them?
Situations like this show the ownership issue up to be the sham that it is.
1 x