Any thoughts of an alternative to endomondo?

Everything to do with cycling
Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Any thoughts of an alternative to endomondo?

Post by Joan » 3 years ago

Endomondo is being shut down at the end of the month, and my cycling buddy asked me for an alternative. I said strava, but then realised it doesn't have to features we use the most.

I only use it when I want to share a journey with her. So feature number one is love tracking, where it constantly updates - think tcr dot watching. Strava beacon is noticing like that. The other feature is pep Talks, where you can type a message in a box and my phone will read it to me. At 3am on the Scottish highlands, it was lovely getting cheerful encouragement from the other side of the world.

I guess they can be replaced by Google maps location sharing, but that doesn't show path, just where you are at that moment (strava beacon does the same), and text messages could be sent via a variety of apps. But I will miss that functionality.
0 x

Iris

Re: Any thoughts of an alternative to endomondo?

Post by Iris » 3 years ago

Endomondo also did PB tracking over time much better than anyone else - on the desktop version anyway. Which for someone who has spent the year running and losing weight rather than cycling was a boost.

UA's MapMyRide etc is shit for me, but it's ok for route plotting. I've got a Garmin watch so I'm tied to Connect but that's not great - except that it does have very good AI running coach plans.
1 x