E-bikes

Everything to do with cycling
Mister Paul

E-bikes

Post by Mister Paul » 3 years ago

Potentially stepping into the world of ebikes on C2W.

Who's got the knowledge? Budget up to £2.2k, looking for a hybrid with lights, guards, racks ideally.

The only one I've had any experience of is a friend's Haibike.

Open to any advice. Thanks.
0 x

Rutabaga

Re: E-bikes

Post by Rutabaga » 3 years ago

I have been looking around, without much success - all the hybrids seem to have suspension forks, which I don't want, and all the lighter 'road' styled frames won't take a rack, which I do want. No one seems to have any stock at the moment anyway.

So I preordered a Swytch kit, to convert my existing hybrid. The kit has arrived and it looks OK, but I have yet to get round to fitting it. It wouldn't have enough range for serious touring though; I just want it to get across town and back to a regular volunteering job and it will be fine for that I think.

Sorry, that's not really much help! I do know one person who did a lot of research and bought a Cube ebike a couple of years ago, and loves it, but again it's a mtb really.
2 x

Mister Paul

Re: E-bikes

Post by Mister Paul » 3 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
3 years ago
I have been looking around, without much success - all the hybrids seem to have suspension forks, which I don't want, and all the lighter 'road' styled frames won't take a rack, which I do want. No one seems to have any stock at the moment anyway.

So I preordered a Swytch kit, to convert my existing hybrid. The kit has arrived and it looks OK, but I have yet to get round to fitting it. It wouldn't have enough range for serious touring though; I just want it to get across town and back to a regular volunteering job and it will be fine for that I think.

Sorry, that's not really much help! I do know one person who did a lot of research and bought a Cube ebike a couple of years ago, and loves it, but again it's a mtb really.
Sorry, not ignoring you, I missed the notifcation that someone had replied.

Yeah I'm still looking but am finding the same as you. Don't want suspension (though not so bad if it can lock out), want lights, guards and panniers, but there's not a lot around.
0 x