Ed Pratt and his unicycle

Everything to do with cycling
Rocky

Ed Pratt and his unicycle

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

I'm just loving Ed Pratt's youtube vids of his trip round the world on a unicycle. This one here documents his time in Australia:

This guy is a legend. Well worth a watch. He is the archetypal British eccentric with a huge sense of fun.
0 x

Rutabaga

Re: Ed Pratt and his unicycle

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

No time to watch now, he looks sweet but that little hat brim he wears really made me laugh. What's it meant to do? I used to ride (horses) with a woman who had a similar one on her helmet; it looked ludicrous but at least it was wide enough to shade her face a bit.
0 x

Rocky

Rutabaga wrote:
5 years ago
No time to watch now, he looks sweet but that little hat brim he wears really made me laugh. What's it meant to do? I used to ride (horses) with a woman who had a similar one on her helmet; it looked ludicrous but at least it was wide enough to shade her face a bit.
I'm not sure why he has it......but I want one. I think it looks cool (which probably says a lot about me and my fashion sense).
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
I'm not sure why he has it......but I want one. I think it looks cool (which probably says a lot about me and my fashion sense).
You could get one of those inserts for making toilet seats smaller for small children. It would duplicate the size and shape, probably.
0 x

Rocky

LowlifeDes wrote:
5 years ago
You could get one of those inserts for making toilet seats smaller for small children. It would duplicate the size and shape, probably.
And might help me when touring.....I’ve always been worried about the cleanliness of public loos.
3 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
5 years ago
He uses it to keep the sun off his face. However, a little known side effect of sun-shade is it casts a shadow. And on bright sun casts a deep shadow. So he flips the brim up while filming so we can see his lovely face.

Or it's a toilet seat, guaranteed to be redback spider free.
1 x