Boris Island

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Dunckel

Boris Island

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

I disagree strongly with nearly all Boris Johnson spouts, but sitting here in Hong Kong airport, and having used Bangkok several times I see clearly the folly of trying to cram more passengers into the pit that is Heathrow. To me a new purpose built hub in the Thames estuary seems like the only sensible solution to our air transport congestion.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Re: Boris Island

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Or, less air traffic he says somewhat hypocritically whilst seated in 15E of an Airbus 320.
4 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

The constant process of expansion can't go on, in the air or on the roads. Just don't fly without thinking deeply about it, peeps!
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

I’m all for Boris Island....

...if we can use him as ballast for the foundations.
2 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

I’m on a walking holiday in the UK. Just sayin’....
1 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
I’m on a walking holiday in the UK. Just sayin’....
You're on a perminant bloody holiday.

For the record, I am now familiar with every shop and every food outlet here at Hong Kong airport, having been here for six hours. Only two and a half until boarding. A UK holiday looks very appealing for next year.
1 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Dunckel wrote:
5 years ago
You're on a perminant bloody holiday.

For the record, I am now familiar with every shop and every food outlet here at Hong Kong airport, having been here for six hours. Only two and a half until boarding. A UK holiday looks very appealing for next year.
Have a safe flight back.....fwiw I’ve also spent far too much time in Hong Kong airport over the years. On one trip I nearly bought a Rolex just to pass the time. It was only my fear of having to explain myself to the Prof that stopped me.
2 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
Have a safe flight back.....fwiw I’ve also spent far too much time in Hong Kong airport over the years. On one trip I nearly bought a Rolex just to pass the time. It was only my fear of having to explain myself to the Prof that stopped me.
There are so many expensive shops here and a whole load of tat. Who buys an expensive handbag at an airport?
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Lullabelle wrote:
5 years ago
There are so many expensive shops here and a whole load of tat. Who buys an expensive handbag at an airport?
The wealthy bored. People who forgot to buy a present before. People who couldn't buy a present before.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
5 years ago
The wealthy bored. People who forgot to buy a present before. People who couldn't buy a present before.
People who want fresh underwear midway through a 24+ journey after working a 10 hour day then forgetting to change before checking their suitcase. DAMHIKT. Also, it takes some doing at HK to find undies less than £100.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

Just as an aside, in a conversation with some of Mr R's colleagues over the weekend, Boris was only just pipped to the post by Jacob Rees-Mogg as the "Person You'd Most Like to Prescribe a Course of Picolax To"...
2 x