Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Rutabaga

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

I like the one in which an elderly gentleman extends his hand with a smile, but when Boris shakes hands the guy says, 'Please leave my town.'
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
When some random bloke with a pushchair nails Boris to a tree by saying what everyone is thinking.

But still, Boris is continuing this nonsense. I mean, WT actual F is this??? Does he think nonsense photo ops are helping him in any way??
3500.jpg
Edit: though it's a nice metaphor. He's trying to grab the bull by the horns, but it's not going well.

Edit #2: word of the day is "nonsense"
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

That blokes legs to the left of the bull seem to be capable of seriously impressive independent angles, bet he can cut the rug.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
That blokes legs to the left of the bull seem to be capable of seriously impressive independent angles, bet he can cut the rug.
It is truly an amazing photo, that I would enjoy at any other time!
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This what a grown up politician looks like:

2 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
This what a grown up politician looks like:

I'm sure only Boris' nanny has ever talked to him like that before.

The one question I have found lacking in any commentry or in any interaction with Johnson is, what the hell does he think he is going to be able negotiate by way of a trade deal eith the EU after he allows Britain the leave with no deal?
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
I'm sure only Boris' nanny has ever talked to him like that before.

The one question I have found lacking in any commentry or in any interaction with Johnson is, what the hell does he think he is going to be able negotiate by way of a trade deal eith the EU after he allows Britain the leave with no deal?
He doesn't want to negotiate, never has and has no intention of doing so in the future. He withholds the divorce settlement, as he said he would, the EU don't negotiate if he does, as they have stated, Johnson blames the EU for not negotiating, laughs all the way to the bank.
0 x

Dunckel

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
He doesn't want to negotiate, never has and has no intention of doing so in the future. He withholds the divorce settlement, as he said he would, the EU don't negotiate if he does, as they have stated, Johnson blames the EU for not negotiating, laughs all the way to the bank.
At some point somebody has to form some sort of trade agreement. Are you saying that he is ready to make a fast buck, resign then let somebody else clean up the mess. Sadly I can see some logic in that from his point of view.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
At some point somebody has to form some sort of trade agreement. Are you saying that he is ready to make a fast buck, resign then let somebody else clean up the mess. Sadly I can see some logic in that from his point of view.
Johnson already has plenty of money, though I don't think he'd turn down even more. Keep in mind the Tory's biggest backer and how much he's bet against the UK, it wouldn't shock me in the least if there was some backroom deals going on there. But I do think Johnson is rather more interested in power at the moment, so right now he's working on staying in power with a whole lot of big talk. I wouldn't be surprised to see him, should he win the election, carry on for a bit, then when it turns to shit, quit and head for the hills with every effort made to make sure he takes none of responsibility by blaming all other parties.
0 x

Dunckel

That makes sense. It is worth remembering that Boris backed leave in the sure knowledge that he would lose the referendum and he got to play the plucky fighter on the side of the common man. Playing to lose is one side of game theory and it does look like he is setting up the same play. No deal, I did my best but those big bullies wouldn't cooperate. He and his cronies take the money and he deflects the blame, ready to come back again when his nation needs him
1 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Bercow Bowing out .... oh bollocks
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
Bercow Bowing out .... oh bollocks

Deliberately timed. It means that this Parliament, rather than any post-GE Parliament, gets to elect his successor... and that means someone who is less likely to be a Government lapdog.

I hereby nominate Keir Starmer.
1 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Deliberately timed. It means that this Parliament, rather than any post-GE Parliament, gets to elect his successor... and that means someone who is less likely to be a Government lapdog.

I hereby nominate Keir Starmer.
Dont we need him for PM though?
0 x