Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Iris

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

And at rapidly approaching 10% of the electorate, the petition is very close to the point at which an MP would be recalled. Which is the polite way of saying sacked.
1 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Iris wrote:
5 years ago
And at rapidly approaching 10% of the electorate, the petition is very close to the point at which an MP would be recalled. Which is the polite way of saying sacked.
But there was a vote in 2016 so our elected representatives are determined to deliver on the will of the people at that date and it makes no difference apparently if the will of the people has changed since then.

Surely if Brexiteers were so convinced that leaving is best and that the country supports them then they would be delighted with a confirmation vote because it would shut up the Guardian reading, snowflake, metropolitan elete, Brussles bum lickers once and for all.
1 x

Iris

Dunckel wrote:
5 years ago
But there was a vote in 2016 so our elected representatives are determined to deliver on the will of the people at that date and it makes no difference apparently if the will of the people has changed since then.
There was a vote in Peterborough in 2017. But apparently the facts have changed since then.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 5 years ago

On the coach now, about to head back. Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone, I wouldn't have made it to the designated place in time and I don't think I would have found you after, particularly as I don't know what any of you look like. Hope you all had a great day, we got dropped off at Earls Court and walked down from there, got down to parliament Square for the speeches. Fabulous day amazing atmosphere, round of applause for everyone!!
6 x

Sonic Budgie

Just leaving, two people one hour late getting back 🤬 5.5 hours to go, assuming it's not too busy!!!
2 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 5 years ago

Sonic Budgie wrote:
5 years ago
On the coach now, about to head back. Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone, I wouldn't have made it to the designated place in time and I don't think I would have found you after, particularly as I don't know what any of you look like. Hope you all had a great day, we got dropped off at Earls Court and walked down from there, got down to parliament Square for the speeches. Fabulous day amazing atmosphere, round of applause for everyone!!
You did better than us then, we arrived in Trafalgar Squate three and a half hours after joining the march and way after the speeches:) but agree about the atmosphere.
3 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

I should get to my station in about 10 minutes. A lot of very footsore but pleased people and a very positive atmosphere.

I was supposed to be going for dinner with the outlaws but have cried off. I think I’ll curl up on the sofa with a kebab and a gin.
4 x

Sonic Budgie

We cut across the park before Green Park Station and down the mall. Parliament St was packed (obviously) but being so wide it was pretty quick getting through.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Actually, I should say we didn't see all the speeches as there were loads, could see the top of the stage but moved back a bit to the first big screen and watched them there, got there just before James o brien, saw lammy, soubry, sturgeon, lucas and others, you'll forgive me if I don't list them all, left just after Watson. If you get a chance have a look for 4 speeches by some young men and women representing the 4 nations they were fabulous!
3 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago
I should get to my station in about 10 minutes. A lot of very footsore but pleased people and a very positive atmosphere.

I was supposed to be going for dinner with the outlaws but have cried off. I think I’ll curl up on the sofa with a kebab and a gin.
With or without tonic?😀😀😀
0 x

Planetary Gear

Post by Planetary Gear » 5 years ago

Never seen the train to London so packed. I'd say that march was well over a million. I now have an urgent appointment with my sofa and a bottle of red.
5 x

Iris

1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago

Donner with extra chilli sauce?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

So what do we make of this? It's the remain petition, listed by electorates. Commons is about 1/3 women, but the first 5, 6 of the first 10 and 12 of the first 20 have woman MPs.

Remainers are more likely to vote for a women, obviously. It makes sense: the glorious past Brexiteers seem to want has women quietly in the background.
Planetary Gear wrote:
5 years ago
Never seen the train to London so packed. I'd say that march was well over a million. I now have an urgent appointment with my sofa and a bottle of red.
Yup, apparently the official figures are over a million, and they are usually conservative.

I'm going for mac&cheese and white wine.

Of course, because I'm a (distaff) soyboy, mangina cuck, the cheese is blue, and there are much veggies hidden amongst the pasta.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

Looking at the map showing where signatories say they are,

https://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.c ... 84&area=uk

I am surprised that the percentage of constituents isn't higher in Scotland and NI.
0 x