Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Little fed up with Farage bleating about milkshakes. He dwelt so little on the assassination of Jo Cox that he described the referendum as "without bloodshed".

But some arseholes have a dry cleaning bill*, so that's worse.
2 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

David Mellors hair!!!!
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Another NSFW but funny post from Max:
Spoiler
Show
1 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

Those who do twitter (I don't) must surely have seen the stuff about the Brexit Party guy who seems to have staged a milkshake incident by getting a friend to pour pink liquid over his shirtfront? I do rather hope that turns out to be true, and makes the mainstream press.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
Those who do twitter (I don't) must surely have seen the stuff about the Brexit Party guy who seems to have staged a milkshake incident by getting a friend to pour pink liquid over his shirtfront? I do rather hope that turns out to be true, and makes the mainstream press.
This is the old soldier who says a milkshake was thrown at him...

...when it was clearly a yoghurt?

I do wonder, as some have suggested, if he actually just dropped his lunch on himself and made up the story to save his embarrassment?
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
This is the old soldier who says a milkshake was thrown at him...

...when it was clearly a yoghurt?

I do wonder, as some have suggested, if he actually just dropped his lunch on himself and made up the story to massively multiply his embarrassment?
FTFY
0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

FB_IMG_1558706087464.jpg
3 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 4 years ago

Apparently it is all due to the Romanians, they should never have been let in.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Lullabelle wrote:
4 years ago
Apparently it is all due to the Romanians Romulans, they should never have been let in.
FTFY
2 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

Damn them and their cloaking technology!
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

I've got to say, I love the milkshakes. It's an assault, but it seems the assailants stay and take their lumps. So they get charged. as they should with non-partisan police/CPS. IE they are paying for their crime, like the extinction rebellion kids.

But it's an assault that does little harm. A milkshake can't maim or kill someone. But - and this is the great part - if you don't take your suit to a dry cleaner in a few hours, it's going to smell real bad. Vomit bad, or urine bad or poop bad. But all the assailant threw was milk + fat and sugar. All you can charge the assailant with is milk (+ fat and sugar). There are no poisons or contaminants (at the moment the shake was tossed).

I am a coward. I don't know I would ever submit myself explicitly for arrest - but I admire those who do.

And at some point I will grow old enough to NGAF.
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

I agree it does seem amusing to throw milk over someone, but it is an assault - that first guy I make allowances for, because he was goaded beyond tolerance and retaliated with the only 'weapon' he had.

However, now it is a thing, I do like the idea of people turning up to Robinson et al.'s gatherings and just standing there silently with milkshakes in their hands. The only snag would be that there would always be at least one hot-head prepared to actually throw the thing.
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

It is an assault, but a very British one, one that doesn't cause any actual hurt. Yes, on the one hand, we should not approve of any assault, with the terrible example of Jo Cox of where it can lead. On the other hand, our democracy is failing, fascist tendencies are in open ascendancy, the values that make our country civilised are under systematic attack, the very underpinnings of democratic discourse no longer hold sway, and people's lives are being destroyed all around us. I think there is a serious debate to be had about whether the time has come to take to the barricades - throwing a milkshake over someone could seem positively restrained.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Brexit party 5,248,533 votes. Revoke Article 50 petition 6,085,161 signatures.
4 x

Whiskeyjack

Post by Whiskeyjack » 4 years ago

A good ‘bollocks to brexit’ result in my area, the greens got a new seat in the north west ^-^
1 x