Bollocks to Brexit

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

LowlifeDes

Re: Bollocks to Brexit

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

I expect that the Attorney General is working on his definitions of the words "different" and "substantially", or will be as soon as he has finished his lunch.
0 x

LowlifeDes

It is already suggested that, if last week's amendment to include remain on the motion is not present this week, that is different.
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 5 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
5 years ago
Mr Speaker has just shoved a broomhandle through the spokes of Mrs May's front wheel as she was coasting downhill feeling confident. :-)
In its simplest form, the WA will have to change. However, I also think that Bercow will let the same deal through if he senses a change in the political landscape.
0 x

LowlifeDes

From BBC news
"Conservative MP James Gray, who plans to vote for the deal after rejecting it twice, said he was "absolutely furious"".
Why do they not have his explanation as to why he was intending to vote for it now, having voted against it twice before? What has changed now? If nothing, was he just arsing about before? That sort of thing.
3 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
5 years ago
From BBC news
"Conservative MP James Gray, who plans to vote for the deal after rejecting it twice, said he was "absolutely furious"".
Why do they not have his explanation as to why he was intending to vote for it now, having voted against it twice before? What has changed now? If nothing, was he just arsing about before? That sort of thing.
The same way that people are "absolutely furious" whrn they turn up at the supermarket at 5.30pm on Christmas Eve to find there are no turkeys left.

I think Bercoew has played a blinder, he has publically warned the Government enough times since December that they were treating Parliament with contempt
0 x

LowlifeDes

Will we bribe those bribe those unionists even more? Of course we will

"Asked on Sunday if extra funding for Northern Ireland could be involved, as it was in clinching the DUP’s support for May’s minority government two years ago, the chancellor said: “We are coming up to a spending review and we will have to look at all budgets, including devolved block-grant budgets, in that spending review; of course we will.”"
0 x

LowlifeDes

How is a person to understand this? It is a widely accepted truism that Corbyn is unelectable, yet senior Tories looking for a new leader say

“Who outside Westminster has heard of Dominic Raab?” asked one Brexit supporting MP who wants Johnson to deliver May a message that she must stand down soon regardless of whether her Brexit deal passes.

“Boris still has the star quality that we would need with the electorate to beat Corbyn if there is going to be an election soon. And there is going to be an election in 2019 if you look at parliament.”
0 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

After his successes as London mayor and Foreign Secretary, how can anyone remotely sane argue he has star quality?
0 x

LowlifeDes

Apparently some continue to buy into his cheeky chappie persona.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

He was good on Have I Got New for You.

I am just going outside.
I may be some time.
giphy (1).gif
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 5 years ago

Star quality? Is that what's important now?

I'd rather we took some lessons from a certain PM in the Southern Hemisphere.
3 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
5 years ago
How is a person to understand this?
The grassroots of the Conservative party are as out of touch with what the country will tolerate as the grassroots of the Labour party. If it's Johnson vs Corbyn the only winner will be some other bugger.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Mister Paul wrote:
5 years ago
I'd rather we took some lessons from a certain PM in the Southern Hemisphere.
Unfortunately we seem to be taking a lesson from a different southern hemisphere country**

**Australia has had a lot of unelected PMs in the last few years.
2 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

OK, I'm completely lost now, I don't know who wants what any more.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 5 years ago

Some people want to leave, some people want to remain, no fucker knows what they're going to get, that's the best I can do.
1 x