Post by Mister Paul » 5 years ago

Any experience of these sub-£100?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wireless on-ear headphones

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

(I'm not going to have the answer because I use this , but) do you mean like this
or like this

?
0 x

Mister Paul

Thanks. The second ones. But not Beats.
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

Not wireless on-ear as such.... but I’ve got some Trekz Titanium bone conduction headphones, which are fab (although they’ve been somewhat superseded by iPods).
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry @Mister Paul, seems we can't help 😞

I've got to say, I tried on a pair Aftershokz, and it was a revelation. The room just seemed to fill with sound, so much so that I took them off again because I thought that speakers in the room had come on coincidentally the second I placed them on my head.

I'd probably go for them if I was looking for immersive headphone, but I don't like over ears myself.
0 x

Mister Paul

Thanks everyone. I had some Aftershokz but sent them back. They didn't work for me, they just sounded remote and buzzy.

I want something for flying. I like the cosiness of on-ears.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

More advice you didn't ask for: (😁)

For flying? Yes, I agree, over ears are the way to go.

I wouldn't get wireless, you can't use them through taxiing, take off and landing. That's quite a lot of a short haul flight. You can't also plug them in if you want to watch seat back entertainment (though you may need an adapter for wired headphones). Of course, many devices now don't have headphone sockets, and they are going to become less and less common.

You should try to get active noise cancellation. I haven't used them on a plane, but in a noisy office it was astounding. With nothing playing, all external sound was silenced. It was total sensory deprivation. I actually didn't like that in the office, but it would be heaven on a plane. Active noise cancellation needs batteries in a wired headphone, but I assume wireless would just need a bigger battery.
1 x