TINGE to CHANGE

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 755
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

I presume, by the way, that everyone has read the John Crace sketch skewering CUK. I think he's nailed it.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ed-to-walk
0 x

User avatar
Rutabaga
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
“It is obviously disappointing that this candidate has chosen to pledge allegiance to another party - he has let down his fellow candidates and activists.”
:))
1 x

ransos
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 335
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
If only Labour were, too. Milne represents all that's wrong both with Corbynite Labour and with political spin doctoring.
You used a simple act of hypocrisy from a Tinger to pivot to criticism of the Labour Party. Congratulations! You've passed the interview.
2 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1880
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Will you let us know if you see *any* posters in windows?

The Labour leaflet is equally terrible - the only reference to the fact it's an EU election is the claim that Labour will get "A better deal with Europe". Which is so much fantasy. At least the Lib Dems and the Greens are nailing their colours to the mast and recognise that this isn't a national election.

You mean other than the very prominent straplines "Stand with us: labour.org.uk/europeanelections" and the text "Election for the European Parliament" that appears on the leaflet?

It's not the greatest leaflet I've seen - but at least it give the relevant candidates details - unlike the drivel from TINGE.
1 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 755
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
You mean other than the very prominent straplines "Stand with us: labour.org.uk/europeanelections" and the text "Election for the European Parliament" that appears on the leaflet?
Neither of which anyone will read.

It's a general election leaflet repurposed.
0 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 755
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
You used a simple act of hypocrisy from a Tinger to pivot to criticism of the Labour Party. Congratulations! You've passed the interview.
And if I'd been interacting with a Tory I'd have pivoted to criticism of the Tory party, and I probably could have managed the same thing with most other parties.

There's a quote about motes and beams.
0 x

ransos
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 335
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
And if I'd been interacting with a Tory I'd have pivoted to criticism of the Tory party, and I probably could have managed the same thing with most other parties.
I'm not doubting your talent for whataboutery.
1 x

Iris
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 755
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
I'm not doubting your talent for whataboutery.
Nor I yours.
0 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 3117
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Image
2 x

ransos
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 335
Joined: 6 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Nor I yours.
As a comeback, that's very slightly better than "your mum".

Anyway, as you are desperate to avoid discussing a comment by a Tinger on a thread about Tingers, I'll draw my conclusions and leave it there.
0 x

User avatar
Greg
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 634
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Not looking good for the Tories (snig)....

0 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1880
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
Not looking good for the Tories (snig)....

I find the ‘the older you are the more likely you are to support Brexit’ bit interesting, as it’s not my personal experience.

Most of the people I know or have talked to who are pro-Brexit are in the 55-65 age range, the late baby boomers. Most of the people older than that I’ve talked to, particularly those in their 80s upwards (I walk the dog with a number of them regularly), are on the whole very pro-Europe.
0 x

User avatar
Rocky
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 1024
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Rocky » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
I find the ‘the older you are the more likely you are to support Brexit’ bit interesting, as it’s not my personal experience.

Most of the people I know or have talked to who are pro-Brexit are in the 55-65 age range, the late baby boomers. Most of the people older than that I’ve talked to, particularly those in their 80s upwards (I walk the dog with a number of them regularly), are on the whole very pro-Europe.
I know this is anecdotal. My MIL is 92 and my mum is 86 - both are very pro-Europe. They remember first hand WW2 and the awful atrocities which unfolded. They also remember the re-building of Europe and the relative peace that followed. Neither would support anything that took us back to jingoistic nationalism.
0 x

User avatar
The Real Ravenhurst
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 500
Joined: 5 years ago

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
“It is obviously disappointing that this candidate has chosen to pledge allegiance to another party - he has let down his fellow candidates and activists.”
They've got activists?!
1 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1880
Joined: 6 years ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

The Real Ravenhurst wrote:
4 years ago
They've got activists?!
Shai Masot and a few others from the Embassy.
1 x

Post Reply