Assuming that the Lib Dems want them.
0 x

ransos

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
Assuming that the Lib Dems want them.
They can't afford to be fussy. Still, it does seem apposite: politicians who reneged on their promises to their constituents, find a home in a party that reneged on its promises to the whole country.
3 x

ransos

2017: "I could never ever countenance suggesting voters support Liberal Democrat candidates"

2019: "I am convinced the Liberal Democrats, as the spearhead of a broader progressive movement in civil society, offer the best chance to improve the lives of those I represent as well as countless other citizens across our country."

Tosser.
4 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

IMG_20190614_085756543_resize_47.jpg
IMG_20190614_085748256_resize_58.jpg
Tosser
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

It is the price you pay for aspiring to have values, you will always fail somewhere and provide ammunition for portrayal as a hypocrite. If, on the other hand, you have no values beyond greed and self-promotion, you can shrug off each and every example of your abhorrent behaviour.
Which of those is the valid target for our disgust?
3 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

Well said, Des.
0 x

ransos

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
It is the price you pay for aspiring to have values, you will always fail somewhere and provide ammunition for portrayal as a hypocrite. If, on the other hand, you have no values beyond greed and self-promotion, you can shrug off each and every example of your abhorrent behaviour.
Well, quite. I actually think that expelling Campbell was a mistake. Not because he didn't richly deserve it, but because it was obviously a trap laid so he could play the victim. As for Chuk-up, he brings to mind the Groucho Marx line "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
2 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

Funnily enough, the Groucho Marx line occurs to me in relation to a different politician, whose principles have proved remarkably flexible since he was catapulted into a job well beyond his extremely limited capabilities.
0 x

ransos

It's a long time since I came to realize that your visceral loathing has precluded the possibility of any rational conversation... as evidenced again by your diversion of this topic.
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
It's also worth pointing out that voting for another party is against Labour Party rules, whereas heckling at the Labour Party conference isn't. So Private Eye is indulging in a bit of false equivalence there...
0 x