TINGE to CHANGE

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

There’s good reason to vote Green in the East of England. We were only 1% of a seat last time.

I’ve spent the day leafleting and canvassing - and it was a good day! Lots of positive feedback.

I couldn’t bring myself to vote Lib Dem. They paint themselves as the pro-Europe choice, but they’re only doing so to try and shore up their domestic vote for the inevitable General Election. People are seeing through their opportunism. .
2 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
There’s good reason to vote Green in the East of England. We were only 1% of a seat last time.

I’ve spent the day leafleting and canvassing - and it was a good day! Lots of positive feedback.

I couldn’t bring myself to vote Lib Dem. They paint themselves as the pro-Europe choice, but they’re only doing so to try and shore up their domestic vote for the inevitable General Election. People are seeing through their opportunism. .
Isn't Mr R a LibDem member? Or did he cut up his membership when I did a couple of years ago?

BTW, my son's namesake, the author Robert Macfarlane is endorsing/campaigning for the Greens. He's one of my heroes......so I might be persuaded.
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
I can't bring myself to vote for those LibDem scumbags, ever since Norman Baker stood on my doorstep in the Lewes constituency and promised that a vote for him would 'keep the Tories out', the lying unprincipled little toad. I'd vote Tory before I ever vote for them, i.e., never.
I genuinely think that Nick Clegg bears significant responsibility for Brexit. The episode of tuition fees was for many people the final straw that made them regard all politicians and the political process with contempt, that then led them to vote "sod the lot of them Leave.
1 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Again - anyone trying to convince themselves that the last European elections are a good guide to this one is deluding themselves.

A number of people here seem to have convinced themselves that the Lib Dems are even worse than Tony Blair. I think the evidence of the local elections is that you're in a small minority.

(Edit)
And the evidence of the polls.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... o-lib-dems
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Again - anyone trying to convince themselves that the last European elections are a good guide to this one is deluding themselves.

A number of people here seem to have convinced themselves that the Lib Dems are even worse than Tony Blair. I think the evidence of the local elections is that you're in a small minority.

(Edit)
And the evidence of the polls.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... o-lib-dems
Yeah, yeah... whatevs! >:D
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Admin question: Should I merge this into the bollocks thread?
0 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Elected in 2014 when the Lib Dems were wiped out nationally, and who scraped in by 6,000 votes above the Lib Dems. Things have changed now. Over the years there have been many more Lib Dem MEPs than Green MEPs from SW England - even before PR.
Yeah, before that they had MEPs in the SE, where you're telling us they're weak.
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

Well remainvoter.com is recommending that people in London and the south-east vote ChangeUK.
0 x

Iris

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
Well remainvoter.com is recommending that people in London and the south-east vote ChangeUK.
"The Liberal Democrats look secure on 2 seats and the Greens on 1 seat. Neither will get another, so vote Change UK to get a 4th Remainer seat in the Southeast."

Which I find surprising as a piece of tactical advice, since it potentially includes the seeds of its own destruction.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
They can stick that advice.
1 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 4 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
They can stick that advice.
Well.....I’ll not be taking it either.
0 x

The Real Ravenhurst

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 4 years ago

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
Admin question: Should I merge this into the bollocks thread?
Nope. TINGE's raison d'etre doesn't have much to do with Brexit.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I couldn’t quite put my finger on what the TINGE logo reminded me of...

9EEB8113-74D6-4F38-AD08-7F3064BD3ACF.png
0 x

Iris

Screenshot_20190520-080036.png
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

Rocky wrote:
4 years ago