Camino de Santiago (Frances) - Sarria to Santiago

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

LowlifeDes

Re: Camino de Santiago (Frances) - Sarria to Santiago

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

There is presumably a continuous conveyor belt moving many people's bags one hop along every day, and that a man with a van could cover several hops each day.
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

The Real Ravenhurst wrote:
4 years ago
That's incredibly good value, although I guess it means deciding where you're staying in advance?
I've already done that and booked them all online. I wanted to set myself realistic targets for the distance being walked each day, given as this bit is one of the very hilly/mountainous parts of the Camino.
LowlifeDes wrote:
4 years ago
There is presumably a continuous conveyor belt moving many people's bags one hop along every day, and that a man with a van could cover several hops each day.
It's run by the Spanish Post Office, so I assume they utilise that delivery network, thus keeping costs minimal.
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well, I tried to book my bag into the Correos Camino system and it went well - until it was time to pay, when the system repeatedly crashed. I dropped them an email and got a response in about half an hour.

They offered to take a list by email and let me pay at a post office when I got to Spain. As it happened, I had given it yet another try after emailing them and it had worked, so that wasn’t needed. But I was impressed with both their response time and their proposed solution.

I now have an email confirming everything is sorted and they’ll send me a tailor made tag for my bag in the post.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

One of my new boots is also leaking. I've spoken to the shop and I have to take them in for them to have a look. It's only the left boot that the problem... >:(
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

You could give them to Heather Mills, she wouldn't worry about that one leaking.
1 x