Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Lullabelle

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Post by Lullabelle » 4 years ago

A facebook group has been set up for our area, so far people have been helped, once tvc is allowed out again he will offer his help again should anyone need it.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Just been issued with a 'Key Health Worker' letter. Basically, combined with my staff ID, it's to enable "freedom to travel" and access to "all preferential and complimentary services and dispensation" being afforded to NHS staff.
That's disappointing, I'd have preferred one of those giant keys you see people being presented with.
3 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
We've reviewed our construction projects and concluded that none of them can operate with required social distancing, so we're closing them down. It does make me wonder how many construction sites could genuinely operate in compliance with current guidance.
I read somewhere that last night, Sadiq suggested all construction sites be closed but Boris over ruled him.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Oh. My brother (the one I worry about) is on leave, but told me he had to go in to clear his stuff because they are renovating his office next week. I told him that wouldn't be happening.

I maybe wrong about that 😔

(he is in touch with work, so he will know the actual facts by now)
0 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
I read somewhere that last night, Sadiq suggested all construction sites be closed but Boris over ruled him.
Probably because there's no support in place for self-employed builders.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

It is being suggested that there will be shortly
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
I provide support to 39 hospitals - primarily remotely but often 'on the ground'. What people tend to forget (including in the NHS) is that doctors, nurses, medical supplies, etc. don't organise themselves. There's a whole raft of people who work behind the scenes who are just as key.

There is also a strong possibility I'll be redeployed to front line hospital work.
Bad news, Nandos is shut.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Just been issued with a 'Key Health Worker' letter. Basically, combined with my staff ID, it's to enable "freedom to travel" and access to "all preferential and complimentary services and dispensation" being afforded to NHS staff.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Mister Paul wrote:
4 years ago
Does a 60 mile bike ride meet the conditions?
Just heard that in France you can only exercise within 1km of your home. Seize the opportunity to go further while we have it.

Also ....
Attachments
90531418_10163034691735391_8817664989373399040_o.jpg
0 x

LowlifeDes

Joan wrote:
4 years ago
Just heard that in France you can only exercise within 1km of your home. Seize the opportunity to go further while we have it.

Also ....
That's a bit rough. I have only got a couple of hundred metres in one direction.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Just as an update, we're at about a 9% staff absence rate. As an IS provider we have a higher staff:patient ratio so it's not having a significant material impact on clinical services.

Some parts of the NHS (particularly in London) are running at closer to 20% staff absence. Given that the NHS operates on very low staff:patient ratios this is already beginning to bite hard. Two of our London hospitals have been 'activated' - I'd expect other to be brought on line in the next day or two.

Please take care of yourselves folks...
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Just catching up with the Australian news. Apparently they let a cruise ship unload in Sydney, despite several passengers suspected of having the virus. Now 50% of Sydney's cases are passengers from that ship.
0 x

LowlifeDes

Careless
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

Another conference call with clueless instructions. "we want to move to 7 day working, 9am-7pm. Start Saturday. Only for this weekend though. No we don't know how many of each role we need, nor what hours we want people to work. Any volunteers? Try and find out what people would like to do. No, we're not telling anyone that we're going to 7 day working. Only skeleton staff on the rota and don't know who would be calling or for what. Can you help me with the rota? I'm just being asked to make up a rota. I don't know how many people we need. The other teams are contributing staff as well but I don't know how many, nor how, nor what hours they can work. No structure in place yet."
1 x