Moderator: Joan

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Post by Joan » 2 years ago

Regulator wrote:
2 years ago
I've been accepted for the Covid Vaccine Booster Clinical Trial. First appointment/jab is 17 June.
Any updates?
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 2 years ago

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
Any updates?
I had the jab last Thursday. Overall, the registration process took about two hours, with extensive health questionnaires and a long video taking you through the process. I'll either have got a placebo or one of six Covid vaccines (as they make sure the booster is different from the vaccine you had previously).

No side effects to date. As with previous vaccination, not even a sore arm - just some bruising where they had problems getting a vein in the other arm for the pre-jab blood tests.

My next visit is 9 July for further blood tests.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

I believe with some of the coronavirus vaccine tests, the placebo was a meningitis vaccine. Will be interesting to know what you got, and what the results are.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 2 years ago

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
I believe with some of the coronavirus vaccine tests, the placebo was a meningitis vaccine. Will be interesting to know what you got, and what the results are.

The placebo in these test is the meningitis vaccine as well.

If the government decide to roll out booster jabs in the autumn, which looks likely at the moment, I'll be unblinded and will find out what I had.
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 2 years ago

We're caught up in one of those clashes in the government guidance. We're in Wales, boy no.2's friend supposed to be joining us tomorrow. His family end self-isolation today as his brother tested positive. His other brother tested positive yesterday. Logic would say that the whole family need to continue to self-isolate. The only guidance I can find is that old chart which shows a family of 4 and isolation times in circumstances like these. The chart says that if a family member remains negative during the first ten days then that member doesn't have to continue to isolate. This doesn't make sense to me but I can't find any other guidance. Anyone?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

That makes no sense. Child 2 has been in close contact with someone who tested positive, the dad. They should isolate.

I don't know the rules though. Wouldn't contact tracing help here, or indeed the app?
0 x

Mister Paul

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
That makes no sense. Child 2 has been in close contact with someone who tested positive, the dad. They should isolate.

I don't know the rules though. Wouldn't contact tracing help here, or indeed the app?
You're right, it makes no sense. On the same picture on the gov website it provides a link for further information, but the link says nothing relevant.

We're waiting for track and trace to call the family. My concern is, even if that's the correct guidance the risk of it being passed to our boy (16) is real.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I was in what-is-allowed-under-the-law mode.

No. I would not let an unvaccinated child hang around with another unvaccinated person who was recently exposed to coronavirus. It's not safe.

While of course teens generally brush off the infection, it's worth noting that of the 16 people in ICU in Sydney right now, one of them is a teenager (very few Australians are vaccinated at this point, so the unwell is not particularly skewed towards under 18s,like it might be here).
1 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 2 years ago

I understand why people are eager to 'get back to normal but I am hesitant because we just don't know, nothing has happened like this before in my lifetime and as knowledgeable as the scientists are no one can predict the future, maybe I am being a bit too serious about this but it will take a while to leave my mask off and stop asking people to back off.
1 x

Mister Paul

I see the government are being crafty again. Last week a survey said that the majority of the public think freedom days is too soon. Rather than being seen to backtrack on their "its up to you" new mask guidance, the line from this morning is that they expect people to continue to wear masks.

I don't know what angers me more - the slippery dishonesty of the tories or that this goes unnoticed by much of the public.
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 2 years ago

IMG_20210802_151937.jpg
Imagine my relief that I had the AZ.
2 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 2 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
2 years ago
IMG_20210802_151937.jpg
1+26 = 27
(27-9)/3 = 6+6+6

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOKY
3 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

So which letters are 6s? F, obviously and L, R, and X. P and Z. And of course you can add, subtract, multiply and divide.

I wonder if there is any 6 letter word you couldn't force 666 out of.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 2 years ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
2 years ago
IMG_20210802_151937.jpg
That's me convinced.
0 x