People’s Vote March 19 October- London

Rides, meet-ups, external events etc, cycling related or not
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

People’s Vote March 19 October- London

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Anyone planning to be at the March on Saturday and fancy meeting up?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: People’s Vote March 19 October- London

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

I'm up for it.

Please don't bring gin. Dodging prosecco on Saturday night was hard enough. I will bring snacks, though!
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I'm going to be meeting up with some of the YACFers at Pret at King's Cross Station at 10.30 am on Saturday. Does anyone want to meet up there?

I was also going to suggest a secondary meet up place/time: 12.00 midday at the blue plaque for Sir Frederick Handley Page on Grovesnor Square.

I know the march is due to start at 12.00 but it wont have moved far (or anywhere really) if the last march is anything to go by.

Let me know if you want my mobile number.
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Apparently you're not marching for a second ref any more...

... and Farage doesnt want BREXIT to happen....

The worlds gone mad.

Anyway, hope its a good one Reggers and I'll refund you a milkshake.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
Apparently you're not marching for a second ref any more...

... and Farage doesnt want BREXIT to happen....

The worlds gone mad.

Anyway, hope its a good one Reggers and I'll refund you a milkshake.

Kuenssberg is so blatantly spreading disinformation and acting as a government mouthpiece. The BBC Trust really need to take a look at her behaviour.
0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Kuenssberg is so blatantly spreading disinformation and acting as a government mouthpiece. The BBC Trust really need to take a look at her behaviour.
Heather Stewart and Rowena Mason are reporting the same...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nsons-deal

Retracting your assertions would be the honourable thing to do.
0 x

Greg

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Heather Stewart and Rowena Mason are reporting the same...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... nsons-deal

Retracting your assertions would be the honourable thing to do.
As is James O'Brien (LBC) which in my view is a bit of a witch hunt.

I cant find the tweet now but she directly tweeted him in his contradiction to her assertion that Barnier said that no extension was available and yet he still continued to disparage her.

Laura K fan boy personally.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
As is James O'Brien (LBC) which in my view is a bit of a witch hunt.

I cant find the tweet now but she directly tweeted him in his contradiction to her assertion that Barnier said that no extension was available and yet he still continued to disparage her.

Laura K fan boy personally.

Kuenssberg tweeted that Juncker had said no further extension was possible. That simply wasn't true - he hadn't said that. His words were far more nuanced and, as we know, it is clear from other EU spokespeople that a further extension would be possible.

She also tweeted that "Hearing People's Vote campaigners might not push for a second ref vote this weekend" when what she actually meant was that some MPs who supported a peoples vote might change their minds. I would suggest that using the "People's Vote campaigners" was likely to suggest to a significant number of people that she was referring to the People's Vote campaigners who are behind the march in London tomorrow - who are very much continuing to push for a People's Vote. The Guardian reporters were very careful in the way they worded their report not to give that misleading impression.

The simple fact is that Kuenssberg's behaviour throughout the Brexit process has been appalling partial - as has other parts of the BBC (e.g. Question Time).
0 x

Greg

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
Kuenssberg tweeted that Juncker had said no further extension was possible. That simply wasn't true - he hadn't said that. His words were far more nuanced and, as we know, it is clear from other EU spokespeople that a further extension would be possible.

She also tweeted that "Hearing People's Vote campaigners might not push for a second ref vote this weekend" when what she actually meant was that some MPs who supported a peoples vote might change their minds. I would suggest that using the "People's Vote campaigners" was likely to suggest to a significant number of people that she was referring to the People's Vote campaigners who are behind the march in London tomorrow - who are very much continuing to push for a People's Vote. The Guardian reporters were very careful in the way they worded their report not to give that misleading impression.

The simple fact is that Kuenssberg's behaviour throughout the Brexit process has been appalling partial - as has other parts of the BBC (e.g. Question Time).
In answer to your first point and as testament to how hard she works, this thread from less than 12 hours ago took some finding...

And of course, she has 'sources' and has friends in high places (much to James O'Briens derision) , its her job as the top political correspondence* in the country. She reports what she hears.

* Chief political reporter for the BBC* = 'top'

* Unless you're one of those idiot extremists that believes the BBC is inherently biased (left or right)
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
In answer to your first point and as testament to how hard she works, this thread from less than 12 hours ago took some finding...

And of course, she has 'sources' and has friends in high places (much to James O'Briens derision) , its her job as the top political correspondence* in the country. She reports what she hears.

* Chief political reporter for the BBC* = 'top'

* Unless you're one of those idiot extremists that believes the BBC is inherently biased (left or right)

She tweeted one thing, got called out on it very quickly (people on Twitter were pointing out the spin within minutes of her posting it) and then tweeted a clarification.

And frankly, it has been clear that there has been a pro-Brexit bias in parts of the BBC. As Richard Corbett MEP points out:

0 x

Greg

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
She tweeted one thing, got called out on it very quickly (people on Twitter were pointing out the spin within minutes of her posting it) and then tweeted a clarification.

And frankly, it has been clear that there has been a pro-Brexit bias in parts of the BBC. As Richard Corbett MEP points out:

Farage gets unrepresentative broadcast time over ALL media platforms.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
I'm going to be meeting up with some of the YACFers at Pret at King's Cross Station at 10.30 am on Saturday. Does anyone want to meet up there?

I was also going to suggest a secondary meet up place/time: 12.00 midday at the blue plaque for Sir Frederick Handley Page on Grovesnor Square.

I know the march is due to start at 12.00 but it wont have moved far (or anywhere really) if the last march is anything to go by.

Let me know if you want my mobile number.
I'll probably head in, at a time as yet undefined. It won't be 10.30 as I have a previous (ok, subsequent) invitation for then.

I've got your number, so will probably ping you when I get there to see where you are. It will be after 12.30, I am sure.

Or not at all, if it's raining though the forecast looks excellent
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 4 years ago

I will be on the March, but joining from the south and a bit later, so won't attempt to join you in the flesh (united in spirit of course).
0 x