Anyone doing a January - um - thing?

For foodies, food snobs, gourmets, gourmands and garbage guts
Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone doing a January - um - thing?

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

I used to hate following the herd, but I found real benefits from giving up alcohol last January (and October), so will be doing Dry January.

So anyone else getting on board? There are many other options, the two that spring readily to mind are Veganuary and - my favourite - Ginuary.

(It's not just the health benefits for me, it's also the discipline, a muscle that is rapidly atrophying. I used to give things up for Lent, and that was really valuable. It's good to not always have what you want every moment of your life. I am sure people doing Jinuary sometimes don't want a gin, but it's meant to be a struggle!)
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone doing a January - um - thing?

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

I’m dry January-ing (albeit starting on 5 January, following the YACF Epiphany meet). I’m also determined to lose more weight before my next Camino (probably in May/June).
1 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

I will be having a dryish January, I seem to have gone completely off alcohol at the moment. I don't suppose that is a bad thing.
1 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 4 years ago

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
I will be having a dryish January, I seem to have gone completely off alcohol at the moment. I don't suppose that is a bad thing.
Dryish January sounds good.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

👏

Moderation in all things.

But don't go overboard!
2 x