We are now cyclingrelated.uk

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

We are now cyclingrelated.uk

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Check your browser address bar: yup, we now officially have a url!

You will need to log in again, with the same username and password. If you store them in your browser, it won't automatically fill them in, you will need to type them in by hand and store them again in your browser. If you somehow can't remember your password, then click "I forgot my password" on the login page. If you get stuck, click the "contact us" button at the bottom of each page. If that fails, use the registration link (with a different email address) and put a message about what's happening with your account in "who are you?" field.

I have done a few things I haven't done before to make this happen, so bug reports welcome.

Thanks for your patience.
3 x

Dunckel

Re: We are now cyclingrelated.uk

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Bugs or such.

I logged in and got the new banner, which looks great, but when I went to the first sub forum it reverted to the old phpBB header, so we need to clear our caches to get the new stuff.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Dunckel wrote:
5 years ago
Bugs or such.

I logged in and got the new banner, which looks great, but when I went to the first sub forum it reverted to the old phpBB header, so we need to clear our caches to get the new stuff.
Um. Ok. Thanks.

I am not sure what you are seeing - screen shots would be great. I had expected there to be no need to clear cache, as the URLs are all new so nothing in your browser cache should effect it, but ... This is new for me, so cluelessness is all part of the service.

(I guess if it's sorted itself out, then no need to report further, but if not, please don't hesitate with detailed bug reports)
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

OMG. I definitely have a bug. @Dunckel post currently has -7 likes! That's negative 7, and the like system doesn't have a negative option.
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
OMG. I definitely have a bug. @Dunckel post currently has -7 likes! That's negative 7, and the like system doesn't have a negative option.
Has he posted a picture of his white trousers? That’ll explain the negative likes....
2 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

Are you expecting the startling orange and logo to appear by magic? I'm still getting blue without logo.
Screenshot_20181018-070300.png
There's also a new user to approve - from the name I assume that's admin testing!
0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

Oh, and first push of submit?
Screenshot_20181018-070553.png
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Iris wrote:
5 years ago
Are you expecting the startling orange and logo to appear by magic? I'm still getting blue without logo.

Screenshot_20181018-070300.png

There's also a new user to approve - from the name I assume that's admin testing!
So many things
  1. I'm not sure why you ended up on prosilver (ie blue) but it won't change. You will have to go https://cyclingrelated.uk/ucp.php?i=173 and select Metrolike Orange if you want to conform. Metrolike is set for guests and new users, but after you have signed up, you can pick any available style.
  2. There are two reasons you don't get the logo.
    1. I hadn't created one for that style. but now i have.
    2. You only get the logo in desktop mode. If that is chrome on Android, then open the app menu (3 dots) and check Desktop site. Other browsers are similar.
  3. Yup, i am my own new users. Just testing the reCaptcha.
Iris wrote:
5 years ago
Oh, and first push of submit?

Screenshot_20181018-070553.png

I don't know what's going on there. I will investigate.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

@Joan is officially bored of waiting for someone to notice the birthday at the bottom of the front page.

Happy Birthday, CyclingRelated! 🥳🎂 🎇 🥂 🎉 🕺🎈🎊 🍾🧨🎏🎃🎁
3 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

We have a front page?! Who knew!

HBCRUK!
2 x