Read/unread behaviour

Dunckel

Read/unread behaviour

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

A quick post about what isn't better. Unread sections or threads show up as a red version of the icon on the left of each box. They stay red until you have read every thread in a section, or until you select 'mark as read' at the top right. Do the global settings allow the section icons to automatically return to grey after you have visited a section but chosen not to read particular threads. It would make new content easier to spot.

Edit: this might be best in bugs and feature requests.
0 x

The Real Ravenhurst

Re: Read/unread behaviour

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 5 years ago

It seems that I am no longer able to jump to the first unread post in a thread. If I click on a thread with unread posts in it just takes me to the beginning of the thread every time. I am logged in and that.
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

I have noticed the same thing. Once or twice I have answered a point without realising that several more posts or even a page of them have occurred in between.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Does this help?
Joan wrote:
5 years ago
Click on the icon down the left hand side. If it is red, it will take you to first unread post. If it's not, that means that there are no unread posts, and it won't do anything.

note for metrolike it's orange/green/etc for unread, and grey for red. There is no hot topic icon.
1 x