Quote feature in my post list

Rutabaga

Quote feature in my post list

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

When I look at 'Search my posts' in my profile, it lists posts I have quoted as if they were my words, which is a bit disconcerting. I think that on CC this facility omits the quoted text, and only gives text that the searcher has posted themselves. I hope that makes sense!
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Quote feature in my post list

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

I understand what you are saying. It's worth noting that CC, while not showing the quoted text still searches it. So if you are looking for the time you said "fnrttc", it will also return anytime you quoted someone saying that.

This seems a reasonable, but low priority request. A quick Google suggests it's not available, so I will put it on the to do list.
0 x

Rutabaga

Ah, right. I was just looking at all my posts, seeing as at this early stage there are relatively few, and some of them were obviously not things I had said. I am thinking that I might want to edit historic posts, if that's possible.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Rutabaga wrote:
5 years ago
Ah, right. I was just looking at all my posts, seeing as at this early stage there are relatively few, and some of them were obviously not things I had said. I am thinking that I might want to edit historic posts, if that's possible.
I will look at fixing this, I agree it's not helpful seeing the quotes not the text. I doesn't just affect you, it affects everyone on every site that uses this software. Most people reply to things they don't agree with.

Editing should possible for you. Let me know which ones you can't and i can sort it out. Can I suggest you put the quotes after or midway through your posts, rather than removing them?
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
I will look at fixing this, I agree it's not helpful seeing the quotes not the text. I doesn't just affect you, it affects everyone on every site that uses this software. Most people reply to things they don't agree with.

Editing should possible for you. Let me know which ones you can't and i can sort it out. Can I suggest you put the quotes after or midway through your posts, rather than removing them?
I boldly misspoke here. I've just been to another site and it shows quotes properly in search results (see attachment). I must have something misconfigured. I will sort it out.

Edit: OK, this is crazy: it seems to be working fine here now? @Rutabaga , can you check and see if you the bug you reported has gone away?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
0 x

Rutabaga

Thanks Joan, that has fixed it :-)
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator