TINGE to CHANGE

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

LowlifeDes

Re: TINGE to CHANGE

Post by LowlifeDes » 5 years ago

I am seeing The Labour Party as being in the same sort of position as professional cycle racing. Recognition that there may be an issue with performance enhancing drugs has subsequently been, seemingly, irrevocably translated into a perception of a dirty sport. Other endurance sports have kept quiet and lived with their dirty secret in silent denial
3 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 4 years ago

Blimey...

...two EU election candidates gone in 24 hours due to racism. That's some going!

How long until Jacek Rostowski's (a conservative homophobe) and Stephen Dorrell's pasts come back to haunt them?
1 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 4 years ago

If every indiscretion on social media resulted in a resignation, both main parties' front benches would be seriously depleted, there would be no Green candidate for your village and my career would have ended years ago.

Change UK look to be ending up as a slightly right of centre socially liberal coalition, ready for the inevitable mass resignations that will come if the Tories crown Johnson, Rees Mogg or another Brexit hardnut. That's not stupid politically, and is likely to push the Lib Dems leftward.
0 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
If every indiscretion on social media resulted in a resignation, both main parties' front benches would be seriously depleted, there would be no Green candidate for your village and my career would have ended years ago.

Change UK look to be ending up as a slightly right of centre socially liberal coalition, ready for the inevitable mass resignations that will come if the Tories crown Johnson, Rees Mogg or another Brexit hardnut. That's not stupid politically, and is likely to push the Lib Dems leftward.
We're talking about comments that are explicitly racist.
0 x

Iris

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
We're talking about comments that are explicitly racist.
Yes. And quite rightly both candidates were removed immediately. If only other political parties were as robust.

Are you sure your social media would stand up to the scrutiny of the Daily Mail? I'll give you a clue - the answer is no.
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Iris wrote:
4 years ago

Are you sure your social media would stand up to the scrutiny of the Daily Mail? I'll give you a clue - the answer is no.
To be fair, the answer yes would be a badge of shame.
3 x

ransos

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Yes. And quite rightly both candidates were removed immediately. If only other political parties were as robust.

Am I sure that I've never called anyone a "crazy black whore"? Yes I am.
3 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I got a Change UK election leaflet through the door today... Lordy, it's a poor effort. It's supposed to be a leaflet for the East of England region - but it doesn't have the names of, or any details about, the candidates. Just of photo of Chuka taking a selfie.

0 x

The Real Ravenhurst

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 4 years ago

Regulator wrote:
4 years ago
I got a Change UK election leaflet through the door today... Lordy, it's a poor effort. It's supposed to be a leaflet for the East of England region - but it doesn't have the names of, or any details about, the candidates. Just of photo of Chuka taking a selfie.

We've got the Chuka/Gapes/Leslie selfie leaflet too, with an added bit of token Welsh in a typeface a quarter of the size of the English, and a centrefold that is supposed to function as a poster, with the EU flag superimposed on and fading into... the Union Jack. I'll let you know if I see a single TINGE poster in a single window.
1 x

Iris

Will you let us know if you see *any* posters in windows?

The Labour leaflet is equally terrible - the only reference to the fact it's an EU election is the claim that Labour will get "A better deal with Europe". Which is so much fantasy. At least the Lib Dems and the Greens are nailing their colours to the mast and recognise that this isn't a national election.
0 x

ransos

“It is obviously disappointing that this candidate has chosen to pledge allegiance to another party - he has let down his fellow candidates and activists.”
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Will you let us know if you see *any* posters in windows?
Quite a few Green Party posters around our way... and a few LimpDem.

Not seen a single TINGE poster - and we’re in Heidi Allen territory.
0 x

Iris

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
“It is obviously disappointing that this candidate has chosen to pledge allegiance to another party - he has let down his fellow candidates and activists.”
Sounds like a rather more civilised response to a defector than certain other parties would offer...
0 x

ransos

Iris wrote:
4 years ago
Sounds like a rather more civilised response to a defector than certain other parties would offer...
I hear that the funny Tingers are looking for a spin doctor.
1 x

Iris

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
I hear that the funny Tingers are looking for a spin doctor.
If only Labour were, too. Milne represents all that's wrong both with Corbynite Labour and with political spin doctoring.
0 x