Great movie scenes

Ephemera and whimsy
Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Great movie scenes

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

I just (for reasons that are not interesting) found a clip I love from a movie I love. I decided I would share it here, even though my suspicion is that it's probably not a movie most of you will enjoy.

So, a new thread. Share movie clips you love. Explain why you love them (optional). Be clear of the level of spoilage involved (mandatory)
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Great movie scenes

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

My clip. I love it because it feels like real life. And for other more subtle reasons.

It's from the movie, 500 Days of Summer. Summer is an attractive young woman. The protagonist is a young man. He becomes obsessed with Summer. It's clear early in the movie (and - indeed - in the title) that the relationship has an expiration date. This clip is the moment he finally and irrevocably understands that. It's a beautiful sequence, and introduced me to Regina Spektor who is an amazing artist. It's not a spoiler of the movie, but a spoiler of the scene. So don't watch it if you already have the DVD in your hand, but otherwise it's pretty safe.

Oh, yes, as with every movie clip, it's better in context.

0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

May I offer the opening scene from Paris Texas. Every scene is wonderful but if I posted any of them it would give away too much.

2 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

When Steve Martin did stand up in the seventies he flourished. The Jerk is almost a combination of the sketches he developed over the years. Absolute lunacy, but genius.

1 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

The greatest chase scene in the history of cinema

3 x