Meanwhile...

Ephemera and whimsy
Lullabelle

Re: Meanwhile...

Post by Lullabelle » 4 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
I think Lullabelle's unusual in not speaking to or photographing a person off the telly. Most people don't seem to be able to resist, as if posting an image on their social media page means the (minor) fame has rubbed off somehow. No wonder he wore sunglasses, and most likely sat stock still doing and saying nothing in case he got caught unawares. Not a great life in many respects.

I am not into the selfie and fame things, not keen on having my picture taken.
1 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
Blind person is involved in two marvellous disability-focused programmes, then falls off his pedestal with a popular consumer magazine one. Seemed relevant to me.
I'll take Johntoo's reply at face value.
0 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

As I'm sure most of us have, I've seen a few celebs out in IRL (physically bumped into Richard Osman about a couple of years ago) but I've never been the sort to approach them (I sat next to Charley Borman for about 1/2 an hour and ignored him), until a couple of weeks ago...

In Man airport sat right behind me were Gillian and Steve from New Order, being a life long fanboy, I stuttered a request and they signed my boarding pass. Steven was gracious, Gillian looked at me like she had pooh on her nose.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

My favourite celebrity story is from when my brother was a young man. We lived at home still, and as a family watched a TV show together. He had a crushette on the female lead of a comedy show - which we loved as a family. Anyway, he saw on the street and (he was a bit shy) screwed up his courage to tell her how much he enjoyed the show. She gave him a little hug and said "I thought no one saw that!" He walked on air for days.

It was pretty true that no one watched it. Our fan club of 5 might have been close to the only fans the show had. According to Wikipedia, the tapes were reused, so it's gone forever.

The actor went on to have a starring role on Home and Away, so she stopped having the problem of no one seeing her work.
0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

If it is celebrity stories, my sister in law is (was) a tv newsreader.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
If it is celebrity stories, my sister in law is (was) a tv newsreader.
It seemed to be a question whether politely ignoring celebrities was a good thing. I was just giving one example when interrupting someone's day was good thing or not.

(I quietly share space with Richard E Grant about every 18 years or so. Well, it's happened twice, so far. Does it count as stalking?)
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

A few years ago Jerome Flynn bought a kitchen off me, when we were sorting the paperwork out he looked most unimpressed when I asked what his name was.
0 x

Dunckel

I grew up in South Bucks where a good number of tv personalities lived in the early 80s- John Laurie, Eddie Large, Lewis Collins, Noel Edmunds, all the big stars.... you saw them regularly and they were left alone. The one who had a reputation was Roy Castle, he was known for entering a pub or shop, stopping just inside the doorway and looking round waiting to be recognised
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 4 years ago

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
I grew up in South Bucks where a good number of tv personalities lived in the early 80s- John Laurie, Eddie Large, Lewis Collins, Noel Edmunds, all the big stars.... you saw them regularly and they were left alone. The one who had a reputation was Roy Castle, he was known for entering a pub or shop, stopping just inside the doorway and looking round waiting to be recognised
I met Roy Castle not long before he died, and my sister was friends with his son. Really lovely bloke.
0 x

Lullabelle

P_20190712_154957.jpg
Cage sorted ready for our new arrivals
1 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 4 years ago

Lullabelle wrote:
4 years ago
P_20190712_154957.jpgCage sorted ready for our new arrivals
Regulator and Iris?
3 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

ransos wrote:
4 years ago
Regulator and Iris?
;D

No, not enough wood chips for them. And that looks like a very mundane gin in the gin bottle. That won't keep them happy, it should at least be pink.
1 x

Dunckel

Hang on, the like thingy has moved.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Ugh. Just poking around and broke it.

Normal service will be restored shortly.

Edit: double ugh. broke the database........ make take a little longer to restore service.
1 x

Lullabelle

P_20190712_163816.jpg
2 x