In the news...

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: In the news...

Post by Joan » 4 years ago

I think you both need to examine your assumption that all monsters are tetrapods. Ignoring monster diversity is erasure of minorities.
2 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 4 years ago

At least we're eating them!
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
I've never given that any thought. Are they monsters with some level of paw/claw symmetry or are they more of a hand/feet type of monster claw. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if we were not using as much of the monster as we can and were discarding the hands (or feet) for not fitting a consumer monster based snack ideal.
I think that they use front paws for pickled onion and rear paws for salt and vinegar. The rest of the monster goes to make sausages for the Madeira Café in Brighton.
3 x

Sonic Budgie

And throws for Dunhelm.
1 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 4 years ago

Sonic Budgie wrote:
4 years ago
When you say ate them all, are you talking about all the individual claws or all the packs in a multi pack?
I'm afraid I mean all the packs in a multi-pack, which included fiery chili and roast beef flavour as well, although mostly pickled onion. The roast beef ones were the worst but, as has been pointed out, monsters must not die in vain so I ate them anyway.
2 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 4 years ago

Discos.

Close the thread.
1 x

Sonic Budgie

Rutabaga wrote:
4 years ago
I'm afraid I mean all the packs in a multi-pack, which included fiery chili and roast beef flavour as well, although mostly pickled onion. The roast beef ones were the worst but, as has been pointed out, monsters must not die in vain so I ate them anyway.
Thank goodness for that, I would have been very disappointed otherwise, although simultaneously in awe at your self control.
1 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 4 years ago

Sentencing next Thursday, subject to a medical expert's availability

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... _clipboard

Is it really possible that his level of hatred has become a treatable mental condition?
1 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 4 years ago

In case you missed it, here is a picture of a man who had a newly orphaned baby brought to him to satisfy a photo op.
EBhtn83WwAAMOK9.jpeg
0 x

Greg

He wouldnt be the same guy as this guy would he?....

0 x

Dunckel

Greg wrote:
4 years ago
He wouldnt be the same guy as this guy would he?....

Even by his disgusting standards the orphan stunt dredges a new low
0 x

Greg

In contrast doesn't just 4 years ago, feel so long now...

(Response to Charleston Church mass shooting)
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

As an aside, if you ever hear someone say "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," then they should know that in Dayton the police arrived within 30 seconds of the shooter opening fire, and killed him immediately. He'd killed 9 people by then.

(Oh, and if the good guy with a gun is black, he will probably be shot first when the police arrive)
1 x

Dunckel

The American 2nd ammendment was ratified in 1791 when ball muskets allowing one badly aimed shot every 20 seconds in the hands of an expert was the only weapon. It astonishes me that it has never been revisited and the ability to own many semi automatic weapons with oversized clips is still seen as a right.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Dunckel wrote:
4 years ago
The American 2nd ammendment was ratified in 1791 when ball muskets allowing one badly aimed shot every 20 seconds in the hands of an expert was the only weapon. It astonishes me that it has never been revisited and the ability to own many semi automatic weapons with oversized clips is still seen as a right.
I've seen that argument before, but the 2nd amendment says ...
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Seems to me that it only applies to military grade weapons. I keep hearing people saying 2nd amendment gives them hunting and home protection. That's not what the text says.

(the SCOTUS holds a different opinion, but why should we trust them??)

But, yes, if what you mean is they should have amended the second amendment - maybe that is right, but it's only had its current interpretation since the 1970s, so that's not enough time to change it. And of course, there is no political will do do sol.
1 x