Should I go cruising?

Ephemera and whimsy
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Should I go cruising?

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

No - not that kind, you filthy minded perverts...

Mr R and I both have a week off in November (we have leave to use up before the end of the year) and he's quite keen to go on a cruise - probably in the Med.

I like ships and I've done a couple of 2-3 days cruises - but I'm not sure about being stuck on a ship for a week with a bunch of wrinklies. I think I might go a little stir crazy (I could spend the week anaesthetised on cheap gin, but I'm not sure that would do my liver or my diet any good).

What say the great minds of CR? Shall I give it a whirl or try and persuade Mr R to do something a little less staid?
0 x

Rocky

Re: Should I go cruising?

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago

Mr R and I both have a week off in November (we have leave to use up before the end of the year) and he's quite keen to go on a cruise - probably in the Med.

I like ships and I've done a couple of 2-3 days cruises - but I'm not sure about being stuck on a ship for a week with a bunch of wrinklies. I think I might go a little stir crazy (I could spend the week anaesthetised on cheap gin, but I'm not sure that would do my liver or my diet any good).

What say the great minds of CR? Shall I give it a whirl or try and persuade Mr R to do something a little less staid?
Nooooooo.....we humoured you when you were thinking about getting an e-bike, but cruising is a step too far. If you want water, take the narrowboat and your new Genesis. BTW, I hear Accy, Maggot, Linchpin, Classic and Reiver are planning a cruising holiday in the Med in November......nuff said
1 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago

The Trafford Centre on water. No thank you.

Edit: Crikey is it just me or is my (arguably) tasteless avatar massive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

Gammon central. My dad tells a story of a mediterranean cruise where another guest blamed all the ills of the country on trade unions and the Labour party, including the classic line "I know Hitler had his bad points, but...". To my dad's eternal credit, when eventually asked what he did for a living, he replied "trade union official". The other guest didn't speak to him after that.
2 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

The git has booked it.... and with Costa cruises. Yep, that’s right - the ones who managed to hit an island.

There may not be another Pie-cnic... :'(
1 x

Rocky

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago
The git has booked it.... and with Costa cruises. Yep, that’s right - the ones who managed to hit an island.

There may not be another Pie-cnic... :'(
The Prof and I will look forward to diving on the wreck.......I’m sure @Dunckel will join us.
0 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

Rocky wrote:
5 years ago
The Prof and I will look forward to diving on the wreck.......I’m sure @Dunckel will join us.
Count me in.

To me cruising is like being locked in Butlins, but with more chance of catching something.
0 x

Fabbers

Post by Fabbers » 5 years ago

Regulator wrote:
5 years ago

Sounds like you’ll fit-in just fine ;-)
0 x